• Register
  • Help

Topic: I'm having trouble installing updates to

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy I'm having trouble installing updates to

The proper folder. It is supposed to install in Garritan right? I continue to get C Acid4.0 When I try to Browse and chose Garritan folder it will not go there.
    Boy, I'm beginning to feel I am jinxed!

Help?
    Styxx

Re: I'm having trouble installing updates to

If you didn't choose an alternate destination the first go round you shouldn't have any problems. What you are probably seeing is where it is going to install the VST plugins. Just let it install to the default locations. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have any problems. You don't need to select the GPO folders it should put the library stuff there by default and then it will install the actual plug in wherever your sequencer is. That's why Acid keeps showing up. I'm going to bed soon, but if you run into problems please give me a ring.

Unlike everyone else, I haven't had much luck with the updates. What the hell is wrong? It should be as easy as described but I am having no luck getting the kontakt player updated.? Other than the Studio and Stand alone, in the sequencers it's the same kontakt player. Should I start all over again? I have to get this straighten out before November 7. I need some music to be done and I don't relish the thought of GM sounds. Yuk!

JB - in the VST folder should it read Personal Orchestra VST.dll 1.0.2.8 or something else of the new update?
    Styxx

No the file version should be 1.1.0.4, that's still the old one. Check the C:\Acid folder for the install. It may have placed it all there. Look in there for the Garritan Personal Orchestra folder.

Go Back to forum