• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wish me luck...

Share/Bookmark

Wish me luck...

What a day. I'm buying a condo this morning. It'll be the first place that I own, so I'm kinda excited but pretty worried at the same time. And then after that is done I get to rush back to campus so I can take my sight singing midterm, which I've been practicing like crazy for. The thing is, i'm sick, my throat hurts, and can't talk very well, let alone sing. Bad week to get sick right? . Oh well, at least I have some GPO goodness to look forward to when I get back from work in the evening. (I LOVE the new KS solo strings) Oh, good times shall be had....and then sleep.
    Tim

Re: Wish me luck...

Tim,

Good Luck. Buying a house (or condo) is not an easy decision, but it will be one that you cherish. Good luck on the Mid-term. Oui sight singing, I hated sight singing. Especially when we got to the atonal stuff and we had to sing solfeg! OUCH!!! Have fun.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thumbs up Re: Wish me luck...

Good luck on the concord purchase. I thought they were grounding that thing for good? Oh well someone has to fly the beast.

Wait, my wife said you said condo! I am sorry, but maybe you should consider the concord anyway. Just think how nice of a home that would make! Just kidding.

Sight singing? I taught vocal lessons, ear training and sight singing for years up until three years ago. I remember the four semesters of sight singing in college. I would memorize as much as I could leading up to my exams. I know what you are up against. Good luck with every thing you are planning. As for the throat problems, the best is rest! Stay away from caffeine and alcohol. Try to talk as little as possible and if you have to, in a whisper pitch only. The thing to do is not dry the vocal cords before the exam. Just concentrate and you'll do fine.
    Good luck wishes once more!
    Styxx

Congrats on the new home, man!

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    And then after that is done I get to rush back to campus so I can take my sight singing midterm, which I've been practicing like crazy for. The thing is, i'm sick, my throat hurts, and can't talk very well, let alone sing.
    Well, for what it's worth, it's perfect training for the real world, where the potential for throat wrenching colds for professional vocalists is directly proportional to how much the gig pays.

Hang in there!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Thanks for all of your support and tips guys. Thankful both the sale and the mid term went well (a few glitches but no show-stoppers). It's been a long tiring week, but it's almost over. I have the second half of my mid term tomorrow, dictation, my favorite. Anyways, I haven't sleep much, so i'm gonna hit it.
    Tim

Go Back to forum