• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to assign midi controller to Attack envelope

Share/Bookmark
    andyt

How to assign midi controller to Attack envelope

The manual says it is possible to assign a midi controller to the envelopes in the Quick Edit window ...

.... but I cannot figure it out. (I can do it it in the mixer screens.)

Right clicking the controls in QuickEdit produces no pop-ups or dialogues to allow the assignement. I REALLY want to assign the attack envelope to the MOD wheel.

Can anyone else do this ?
    Is it really supposed to be possible ?
    Or is it a bug, or incomplete functionality ?

Thanks

Re: How to assign midi controller to Attack envelope

I think you assign controllers in the Quick Edit screen from the drop down menus to the right of the graph. It's certainly where filter controls are assigned, and I believe it's the place to assign all controllers for anything on the page.

BillC

andyt

thanks for your reply ... but I've looked at those. They are just for the filter.

andyt

Does anyone know if it possible to assign a MIDI controller to the attack envelope in either Kontakt or Kompakt ?

No problem assigning a midi controller to the attack (or any other envelope attribute) in Kontakt.

BillC

Andy,

Do it in the editor.

1. Click on the drop down arrown in the instrument's channel slot in the midi mixer.

2. Select 'edit with giga editor'

3. Once the editor loads your instrument, select ALL the regions you need to affect in the same manner.

4. In the 'All parameter' section (bottom right area of the editor screen), click on the white drop down arrow and choose 'EG1' if you want to apply the mod wheel to the volume envelope.

5. With the EG1 parameter list now in front of you, click on the 'modulation source' field and choose 'mod wheel' from the drop down.

6. Now look lower in the parameters list, click on the 'attack mod depth' field and pick one of the four levels.

7. Click on the 'Apply' button in the bottom right corner.

You've now assigned the mod wheel to the volume envelope's attack time.

Don't forget to save.

andyt

oh thank you so much.
    Never dared venture into the editor before ...

I can't save it as a different version, so as not to screw up the originals I presume ?

Sure

Even better, you can copy the instrument within the editor, so that you have two instruments in the same gig file. They'll both use the same wav pool, but just have different parameter settings.

Just right click on the instrument name in the instrument bank column, choose copy, then paste it back into the same area.
    Giga will tell you that there's already an instrument in such and sucha program number slot, and would you like to give it the next available program number. Just say OK and you'll see a duplicate instrument appear in the column. Rename it to keep things clear, and you're good to go.

Go Back to forum