• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question on updates.

Share/Bookmark

Question Question on updates.

Why when opening kontakt player in Cubase 4VST, CWHS 2004XL or Cubase Se, does the kontakt player NOT have the new "load button" with the up/down arrows? However, the button is there in studio and in the stand alone. Is this normal or am I ab-i-normal?
    Styxx

Re: Question on updates.

Sounds like the VST plugin did not get transfered to those programs, here's what you can do. Go to C:\programs\garritan personal orchestra\vst plugin and copy the 'garritan personal orchestra.dll' file. Then you need to go to the Steinberg folder in C:\program, then Cubase VST, then VST Plugins and paste the file inside. Repeat this process for Cakewalk and any other sequencers you have.

If those sequencers have a utility built into them that allows you to search for plug ins, you can do that as well. I know Cubase SE allows you to add plug ins. I think its one of the menu options.

I kind of thought something wasn't right at installation. Thanks and I'll do that ASAP.
    Styxx

Question Re: Question on updates.

Did what you instructed however the results are the same. No new controller. The new kontakt shows up in Studio and the stand alone but not in any of the sequencers. How can this be?
    BTW - I tried to install the X files and a window error message came up "file corrupted". I deleted it. I will try it again later.
    So, what shall I do about the update?
    Styxx

Do this, right click on the icon on your desktop that loads the stand alone. Select Properties. Then click on the Shortcut tab. Then there's a line that says Target, can you copy and paste that into a post here so I can see where the Standalone is loading the plug in from.

"C:\Acid 4.0\PersonalOrchestra.exe" This is weird why is it in here?
    Styxx

Aha, it shouldn't be. It sounds like the update got copied to the Acid folder even though I thought it wouldn't. My fault. From here you can do one of two things. Run the installation again, this time tell it to install to the C:\Program\Garritan Personal Orchestra, and when it says the folder already exists, just say 'okay' and proceed with the installation. This is what I'd recommend doing. Or you can copy the folders that got placed in the Acid folder into the proper location: C:\Programs\Garritan Personal Orchestra. I can give you a ring if you like.

Ya know what? I tried it last night and it continues to come up C:\Program\Garritan Personal Orchestra\Acid4.0? How is this so? There is an Acid 4.0 folder in the Garritan folder. I don't get how that can be and if I delete it or move it from there will it cause more problems?
    Styxx

Can you look inside the folder and see what's contained in it? This is confusing to say the least.

Go Back to forum