I'd be real grateful to know whether ony a handful of user have been getting stuck notes in 301 and 302 or if it is a generally accepted fact and that more than just a few people are waiting for a future update to resolve this problem...
I have only had stuck note problems with 302. Exactly the same piece had stuck notes in 302 but not in 301. I had to set the slurred note configuration to 99% instead of 100% to fix it, but that shouldn't be necessary. It seems to me that there is an issue with GS3 processing of MIDI in general that could explain both this and the program change issues. I hope they fix them soon. I have to do a lot of extra work to get around these problems.
I started getting stuck notes after updating to 3.02. I reinstalled 3.00 and STILL had stuck notes!
Using MidiOx to monitor the input, I can see that the Note Off messages are occasionally missing. (MidiOx monitors the midi stream before it reaches GigaStudio.) Reducing note lengths to 99% resolved the problem, so I started to suspect a timing issue.
I then discovered that bypassing GigaPulse (I had three instances running) also cured the problem. Over the last two days, I have been running two instances of GigaPulse with no stuck notes. But if I add a third instance, I get stuck notes again.
This may be a Midi handling issue with GS, but I am more inclined to think it is a resource issue on my machine. I am using a USB Midi interface, and the extra load of GigaPulse may be causing Midi data to be dropped. I plan to update back to 3.02 tomorrow and see if the problem returns.
This "fix" may be peculiar to my setup, but I would suggest disabling GigaPulse and report your findings.
It is a generally accepted fact, that more than just a few people are waiting for a future update to resolve program changes and stuck notes. It is not a gigapulse or computer issue. It is a core function of Giga 3 that has gone amiss. This program is unusable for me and many others. Please fix it ASAP if Giga techs are reading.
PS: Love the product, just get rid of these gitches please.
Yes, of course. How unenlightened of me to suggest a problem may not be Tascam's fault...
For what it's worth, I updated back to 3.02, and I'm getting hanging notes ONLY if I run three or more instances of GigaPulse. With only two instances, I have NO hanging notes. This is the same behavior I found with 3.00 and 3.02.
As I stated in my earlier post, this result may be peculiar to MY setup. YOUR mileage may vary...
I certainly agree GS3 has issues, but I would rather work to confirm those issues rather than throw up my hands and "wait for a patch".