• Register
  • Help

Topic: How can I install GS in Win2k?

Share/Bookmark

How can I install GS in Win2k?

I\'ts been a while when I have bought Gigastudio 96. That time I used win98 and GS didn\'t even support win2k/xp then. Now I\'ve upgraded my system to win2k (maybe later win xp), but GS won\'t install. It says something about that OS has to be 9x. I have GS update to win2000/xp but it is useless because I can\'t install the program files. So what are my options? Is there some kind of trick? Do I have to buy a new GS 96?

Re: How can I install GS in Win2k?

There\'s a free upgrade. Download it from the Tascom site.

You need the full version (instead of an update). It is on the Nemesys site.

You do need your reg.code for that. You got that when you installed it on win98. If you don\'t have it anymore, than you need to call Tascam (they can give it to you manually)

Originally posted by Joris Vincken:
    [QB]You need the full version (instead of an update). It is on the Nemesys site. QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Where is it?!? I can\'t seem to find it. Could you post direct link?

Thank you for your answers. I\'m happy that I don\'t have to buy new version...

You can find it here:
    http://www.nemesysmusic.com/products/versions.html

First download the full version (2.50.48) and then update to the latest patch (2.52.06)

Good luck with it,
    Joris

If I were you I would upgrade to XP RIGHT NOW! I went through the hell of configuring my system to Win2000Pro, only to find out that the OS wouldn\'t release half of my computer\'s available RAM. . . who ever heard of that? I originally could load almost the entire GOS (I have about 1.5 G of RAM), but after I upgraded to Win2000Pro I couldn\'t even load all of the violas after loading the violins! I hope this helps. . . I would stay away from 2000, especially since changing OSs is a bitch in itself.

Go Back to forum