• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaPulse guide - where is it?

Share/Bookmark

GigaPulse guide - where is it?

The GS3 manual refers to an electronic GigaPulse guide, but I can't find it on my hard drive or the installation discs. The GS3 help file only has the same text as the printed manual, and less than a dozen pages at that. Am I going bonkers, or is there a secret way of accessing it?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Re: GigaPulse guide - where is it?

I don't know where the electronic guide is, but I did find that the Quick Start manual is a much better starting point for Gigapulse than the full manual is.

Quote Originally Posted by scott cameron
    The GS3 manual refers to an electronic GigaPulse guide, but I can't find it on my hard drive or the installation discs. The GS3 help file only has the same text as the printed manual, and less than a dozen pages at that. Am I going bonkers, or is there a secret way of accessing it?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    You are not bonkers. The help file for Gigapulse (as accessed via the 'help' button on the GP interface) does not yet work. Not sure if there will be an update to fill this out or not.

Fromt the GS3 "known issues" list:

"The HELP button in GigaPulse is not working. The workaround is to use the main app Help menu."

Regards,

David

Quote Originally Posted by scott cameron

Thanks in advance,

Scott
    Hi Scott,

Tascam did not include the GigaPulse manual in the GS3 box but you can get it direct from Tascam in a PDF format.

I would email Tascam's support; there should be an address on their site.

I hope that helps you out.

Take care,
    Daniel

Hi guys, thanks for responding. Yes, I read that the help button was not working on the Gigapulse window, but the main app Help menu has no more detail than the manual - it seems like more of an overview.

I'm really curious as to how I can import non-Giga impulses into GigaPulse and I want to know more about the relationship between mic positions, seat positions and midi panning. For example, if I use two or three instances to create depth (ie brass and percussion at rear, woodwinds in middle and strings up closer) does my choice of wide placed seats significantly affect the stereo image of the instruments, or is this more affected by midi panning? Is it enough to choose seating positions at various distances from the mics to create depth, or is that a job for the perspective slider? If my final recording is in stereo, what is the function of the center and surround mics? - Are they purely a routing representation that I can route to the stereo bus? - For stereo, would I confine myself in each Gigapulse instance to using only the L and R mics and choosing two seats or would I achieve a greater illusion of reality by using more mics and seats? For example, for the string sections up the front of my mix, would I simply choose L + R mics and the front close or front wide seats, or would there be something to be gained from using, say L + R mics with the front close seats and the L + R surround mics with the front wide seats, and having all of these signals going to the stereo bus, and then using a similar configuration for each instance/section? Would this mean that instruments panned toward the centre of the stereo image would be more affected impulses in the close seats and instruments panned wide would be more affected by the wide seats, or would this ideally be achieved through more Gigapulse instances? Am I totally losing myself up my own hole?

I guess I'm still trying to get my head around this brand new beast. Any thoughts from illuminated ones most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel James
    Hi Scott,

Tascam did not include the GigaPulse manual in the GS3 box but you can get it direct from Tascam in a PDF format.

I would email Tascam's support; there should be an address on their site.

I hope that helps you out.

Take care,
    Daniel
    Daniel,

Are you SURE about this, meaning do you have a copy?

When I talked to Tascam Support, the only .pdf document manual they had was for the GigaStudio 3 editor, not for GigaPulse.

Thanks.

Go Back to forum