• Register
  • Help

Topic: To VST or not to VST

Share/Bookmark

Question To VST or not to VST

I had used the VST version in sonar due to problems with the 1.0 DXi version of GPO. I am wondering - have the problems been fixed or should I stick with the VST? At first blush it seems to work. I hope so because...

When I ran the update and then ran my VST converter I wound up with the old version of player but with acces to the new sounds... which are incompatable I think.

In any case do I need to eliminate the old version to be able to use the new one in vst? I tried renaming and it still picks up the old version using the new name!

Hope someone can help...

I

Re: To VST or not to VST

Quote Originally Posted by Headcheese
    When I ran the update and then ran my VST converter I wound up with the old version of player but with acces to the new sounds... which are incompatable I think.

In any case do I need to eliminate the old version to be able to use the new one in vst? I tried renaming and it still picks up the old version using the new name!
    Providing you selected to install the VST version of GPO Player, you need to have selected the correct Sonar (Cakewalk) VST, as well. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the Cakewalk VST folder and, depending on which version of windows you're using, you can either just hover the cursor over the file to display the version number, or you may have to right click and select properties. Anyway, the version number should be 1.1.0.4.

If it is, try running the VST Adapter again, but select Reset All first, then make sure you've included the Cakewalk VST directory where you found the VST GPO .dll and run the Adapter again.

If the version number is not 1.1.0.4, then the update installer didn't put the new .dll in the correct directory. You should find a copy in a VST folder under Garriton Orchestral Libraries (I think), again, if you selected to install the VST version. You should be able to copy the VST .dll from there to the Cakewalk VST directory, and run the Adapter again.

Lastly, if you can't find the 1.1.0.4 VST .dll, you'll need to run the GPO updater again, being sure to choose to install the VST version, select the correct Cakewalk folder for it, and rerun the Cakewalk VST Adapter. (It's a bit of a pain, but I always select Reset All when I'm running the VST Adapter after updating VST plugins).

I must say that results of GPO VST in Cubase SX have been...OK..but if I load up the library in Kontakt VST in Cubase they sound distant, dry, etc. The short note action fails....its been pretty problematic.

Mark

When using the full version of Kontakt you need to place controller information in for CC # 21 (Length). When using the full version of Kontakt, the length controller defautls to 100 instead of 50 like in the player. This will get you a much different sound than what you are used to.

Go Back to forum