• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need your help...!!

Share/Bookmark

I need your help...!!

Hi everybody!!

It's My right here.. can someone please let me know how to load .gig files in Kontakt? BEcause I have the SilkRoad Middle Eastern sound library and i would love to be able to load them in Kontakt, I heard that I need to convert them? How do i do that. And also I read on this forum that it is better to CDXTRACT ? Please someone help or show me the step of how to access theses library..

Thank you verymuch for your time

My

Re: I need your help...!!

Have you tried just using the gigabatch conversion feature? Worked for me with Front Porch Banjo, which btw, is one helluva nice banjo.

Solar. 1) create a destination folder on your sample drive
    2) Copy all the entire Silk road CD to one of your drives which u can later erase once all gig have been converted.
    3) in Kontakts browser ,locate the Silk R. .gig files, open 1 up, highlight the Program
    4) Under the "tools menu" click giga patch convertion
    5) a directory will come up and ask u were u want your destination .nki and samples to be converted to. Direct it to the folder that u made in the 1st instruction.
    6) Watch Kontakt do its business. Browse for your desination folder and drag and drop the newly converted .nki into the rack and Play..
    7) repeat steps for all gig files. Rinse and Dry hair.
    Rich

Thank you guyz and more thing

Hello Quasar & Rich? How are you doing guyz today?

Sorry i'm answering a little bit late but i was out of town for business. Now i'm back and I really thank you for you support and answrer. Did really help me out. And one more quesion if i may. I have these samples , Live drum samples, i have like volume one/2 /3 /4 et... all the files are drum set of Dry or acoustic drum etc.. and all are in wave files. How do i create my own drum set in Kontakt. I mean creatin like first instrument, how do i layer lets say the first volumje of dry acoustic drum in the first instrument and save it to be come my setup drum and creat another one again. I dont know if you folllow me.

I have drum samples ion wave file. Lets say i have 1 acoustic/ on Live drum - etc...
    Now i want to take all the drums sound sof the acoustix and layered them in a Kontakt instrument as in a normal sampler.. Do i have to laod them one by one? Or can i jsut select them all and Kontakt will layered them?

Thank you guyz for your help again.

U need to make Groups..Check the Kontakt site. Theres good tutorial about this..GL, Rich

I'm not getting how to convert .gig files. I'm trying to follow the instructions, but it's not working for me.

1) I click on a gig file in Kontakt's browser. It shows a <Program> file and a <Samples> file.
    2) I highlight <Program> and choose the Giga batch conversion in the dropdown box.
    3) It asks me where I want to save the file.
    4) I choose a directory.
    5) Nothing happens...

What am I not getting?

Quote Originally Posted by bamim2
    I'm not getting how to convert .gig files. I'm trying to follow the instructions, but it's not working for me.

1) I click on a gig file in Kontakt's browser. It shows a <Program> file and a <Samples> file.
    2) I highlight <Program> and choose the Giga batch conversion in the dropdown box.
    3) It asks me where I want to save the file.
    4) I choose a directory.
    5) Nothing happens...

What am I not getting?
    Looks like your doing it perfectly to me..u choose an empty folder and nothing happens? Latest update (1.53)? I would try to completely uninstal and reinstal.
    Make sure every thing is removed..Rich

Hello Bamim!

How are you doing today! It's My right here.. the best way and your best bet would be go get teh CdXtract software and it will help you convert from Giga files, Akai file easily and wil make your life more easy too ans save you time.

It is easy to find thsat software and you'll pretty friendly to use too.. And on top of that it convert the program from Giga to Kontkt or whatever you want in a sec. No worries.. if u ahve it and need support holla back

My

Go Back to forum