• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga3 and FXTeleport set up - need settings help

Share/Bookmark

Giga3 and FXTeleport set up - need settings help

I'm using a mostly vst oriented set up centered around FX Teleport using two machines. VST Machine (FX Teleport) and Main DAW machine (main daw machine with cubase also contains giga3).

My soundcard asio latency in Cubase setting is 512 samples, so this means FX Teleport is double that at 1024. My question is since these are both automatically compensated when I mixdown my project, How does this work if I am using giga3 in the project. What should my Giga3 buffer size be so it is in sync with the vsts/fxteleport during playback and mixdown?

If I decide to export/mixdown my project into separate wav files such as ProjectDAW.wav, ProjectPC2FXTeleport.wav, ProjectGiga3bounce.wav - Do I need to manually shift the audio of my giga3 files so it is in sync with the fxteleport mixdown?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Giga3 and FXTeleport set up - need settings help

I don't think the Gs buffer and your soundcard buffer are related in the way you think.

If you're getting GS into Cubase via Rewire, Cubase will be doing the compensation for it automatically -no need for changes on your part.

Can anyone explain to me what the major differences are between ReWire and FX-Teleport with the GVA adapapter?

I have FX_Teleport (mainly for using Pristine Space on a remote PC). I do not yet have Gigastudio 3.

If I upgrade to Gst 3, would ReWire be the best approach to run Gst on a remote PC without audiocard?

I use both Logic 5.5 and Cubase SX.

TIA,

Peter,

The main difference is that you can't use Rewire over the network so you have to use GVA/FXT to do that.

/Mattias

Ah, ok,

I guess I'm too quickly assuming networked solutions! ;-)

The Propellerheads site says application-to-application communication. Not over a network.

Thanks Mattias!

Talking Re: Giga3 and FXTeleport set up - need settings help

Hoi Peter,

Ik ga maar verder over in engels.

Rewire you can only use together with a Sequencer Host app. and on the same computer The sequencer for sure should support Rewire protocol. In your case Cubase does sup[port rewire for logic i'm not sure but you can look up in your manual. In rewire mode it is possible to run GS and it automatically routs the audio back to the host sequencer like GS VST adapter. No need for extra audiocard or driver or GSIF supported hardware.
    The big difference between VST adapter and rewire is: That you can run the FX teleport system easily on a different computer. It is possible to run GS as rewire slave on a different computer but a little complicated via systemlink from steinberg and you need an extra program called V-stack or other systemlink compatible program like (nuendo cubase sx) this option needs an audiocard with digital audio in/outs on both computers.
    The GS VST adapter together with FXteleport or Giga teleport are meant to run on a different computer without the need for extra audio cards or midi interfaces, altough you can run VST adapter as an VSTi link on the same computer as the Host sequencer. I hope this is a little clear for you. I should give Giga teleport a try if you want to run on different computer withou the need for extra audiocards.

Gruuten Wilfred,

Als niet duidelijk is je mag me E-mailen.

If i read the posts back here, it is absolutely not true that you cannot run Gigastudio via rewire on a networked computer. It is possible.
    Only the network is done via a digital audio connection (adat, SPDIF or whatever digital audio bus.) and two programs which are VST system link compatible.
    The disadvantage is that no automatic plug-in compensation is done in the sequencer so you need to do this by a manualcompensator. But playback and evrything is done in sync. The advantage is that the audiostream is done via dedicated audiocards. The midistream you can do via network lan (midioverlan).

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwick
    I don't think the Gs buffer and your soundcard buffer are related in the way you think.

If you're getting GS into Cubase via Rewire, Cubase will be doing the compensation for it automatically -no need for changes on your part.
    To be clear since people were mentioning it, I'm not using Giga3 over a network, since it runs on the same PC as my sequencer. If this information makes any difference? I just want to keep it in sync with my VSTis/FX Teleport VSTis

Thanks for the information Chadwick. If I'm using standard GSIF drivers in GS3 what does this do to the compensation part - do I still need have the right settings somewhere or do I don't have to worry about it still?

nt - Propellerheads have set Rewire up so that everything is as close as possible to automatic from the user point of view.

Start Cubase, select some Rewire channels, start GS3. That's all there is.

The buffer setting in your soundcard determine your overall latency.
    I suppose the point is that synchronization is automatically sample accurate, but if you hear the audio break down, you'll be going to your soundcard control panel to increase the buffer size - nowhere else.

Go Back to forum