• Register
  • Help

Topic: Could someone tell me...

Share/Bookmark

Could someone tell me...

What in the world I'm still doing up browsing this place looking for any hapless souls who need assistance? Am I really that desperate?

Re: Could someone tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    What in the world I'm still doing up browsing this place looking for any hapless souls who need assistance? Am I really that desperate?
    Probably the same as I am doing?

Richard Wayland

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Well, since you saved my sanity the other day with a superfast solution to my installing problem, I am glad that you are prepared to be here so often! Thanks again for your assistance!

Peter

Thumbs up Re: Could someone tell me...

JB - I am sure everyone here will agree with me saying, you are worth more than your weight in gold! So many times you have saved my Aztec from crumbling!
    Then again, you are starting to show signs of loonicy like me!
    Styxx

Lack of sleep I assure you. I'm up all the stinking time. I start hallucinating after a while.

By the way, did Mr. Hopkins get you rolling?

I do not believe helping people has anything to do with being desperate. However, it does make one feel good to know they have assisted in making someone else's life a little easier. Granted, some people make a living by providing a product or service that meets another's needs. Some people simply like to teach and share knowledge. Yes, some of us (probably all of us) have a need to be needed. Is this a bad thing? It encourages community and fosters interdependence. It is part of the human condition.

Regardless, the knowledgeable people who hover around forums like this one, ready to offer assistance, are invaluable blessings to those stymied by a frustrating problem. Where else could we go. Without this kind of help, the user base would be smaller, which would discourage more product developement. In this way the helpers are helping themselves.

Maybe we just want to be helpful because some helped us.

... just to wax philosophical (you did ask).
    Rich

Very 'sage' words Rich. Of course you are right. I just love the feeling of helping someone. There's no better feeling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RichM
    I do not believe helping people has anything to do with being desperate. However, it does make one feel good to know they have assisted in making someone else's life a little easier. Granted, some people make a living by providing a product or service that meets another's needs. Some people simply like to teach and share knowledge. Yes, some of us (probably all of us) have a need to be needed. Is this a bad thing? It encourages community and fosters interdependence. It is part of the human condition.

Regardless, the knowledgeable people who hover around forums like this one, ready to offer assistance, are invaluable blessings to those stymied by a frustrating problem. Where else could we go. Without this kind of help, the user base would be smaller, which would discourage more product developement. In this way the helpers are helping themselves.

Maybe we just want to be helpful because some helped us.

... just to wax philosophical (you did ask).
    Rich

I could not agree more! nice post
    DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    JB -
    Then again, you are starting to show signs of loonicy like me!
    "Starting to show signs"??? Buddy, you've been full blown for a long time now!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum