• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Biggest and best electric guitar package?

Share/Bookmark

Biggest and best electric guitar package?

Alright... I have Trilogy, so I dont think I need more Bass stuff. I also own both VSL Concert Guitar, Overdrive and Real Guitar. Now i'm looking for one last giant guitar package with all kinds of stuff, mostly electric and modern. Kind of like Hans Zimmer guitars but either as a VI or Giga Format.

Any suggestions?

Re: Biggest and best electric guitar package?

I'd wait a bit. There's something stewing but I don't if I can say what and where it'll be coming from. But I can promise you after hearing it, that this will be a must have electric guitar library.

Well... I cant really wait longer than christmas. I'll be scoring a game where I want to make a hardcore soundtrack with some evil guitars

How long is the wait? And if I cant wait... what should I get?

Marcussen,

Take my advice....hire a gutarist!

It will make ALL the difference in the world (plus you get extra karma points for supporting a fellow musician).

Tracking some great guitar tracks doesn't have to be a PITA...most guys nowadays have great sounding PODs or other gear that allows them to go direct into your machine without having to mike a cabinet.

Even the best next generation guitar library will always be limited by the technology, the intended use and style by the creators of the library, and the difficulty in translating keyboard playing into believable strumming and finger picking.

If you're working on a videogame that has somewhat of a budget for music, I think you can probably afford to hire a great guitarist. It will make you look so much better than most libraries out there.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I think your right in many respects. But I really love my independance... working at nights etc - plus im not going for the realistic rock song sound... more like the sudden guitar stab, strum, screech thing mixed with orchestra...

But you have a point surely

If you want to go the sample route the upcoming Prominy LPC library looks huge:

www.prominy.com/les.htm

It’s going to cost you $799, though. Scheduled for release in November.

/Yoss

Angry Re: Biggest and best electric guitar package?

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?

We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Some composers like Slayer and Slayer 2; http://www.kvr-vst.com/news/1308.htmlI personally play my own guitar parts in.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

I looked at Slayer 2 and must say for the price, it is a really good sounding module. You should take a look at it.

Sean R. Beeson

Quote Originally Posted by William K. Wonka
    We are the music-makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Daddy, I do NOT want a boat like this.

Go Back to forum