• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Sweden. What do you know about it?

Sweden. What do you know about it?

sponsored links

Hi there!

As a swede, it´s very interesting to know about what everyone, non-swede, thinks about this country and/or it´s music.

So guys.. what do YOU know about Sweden and/or swedish music?

I think the main opinion about the U.S in Sweden is that everything over there is big.. and.. bigger... I guess..

To make a comment on the Bush vs. Kerry, I know that in Europe, most people support Kerry.
    Anyhow it´s your decision, and yours only who will become the next president in U.S.A.

I wish you the best of luck.

Oh.. don´t forget my original topic

Re: Sweden. What do you know about it?

Ten years in Minneapolis and 5 months with a coworker from Goteborg taught me a few things of your culture. I suppose the most important thing is that your people do not like root beer.

I think that most of Europe doesn't like root beer!

It is a sugary acuired taste.

I would like to visit Sweden myself before I form an opinion about it.
    One of these days I will get to Norway for some cross country skiing. Maybe I could see Sweden then.
    (The Nut )

Well maybe they should try sarsparilla. >
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Now, here's my question for you: My mother's parents came from Finland, and they say that the Finns historically had more problems with the Russians, but Sweden comes in a close second. Why is that!? What's the problem between Finland and Sweden? I know the Finns fought the Ruskies for a long time, but it seems that the Swedes and Finns should share a sauna!

Hi Ernstinen!

It goes back a long time, when we were Europes top nation.
    We are mostly neautral now, but in the 15th century, we crossed the borders of Europe and occupied both Germany, Poland, Norway, Denmark, Finland and the Baltic countries.
    Finland belonged to Sweden to the beginning of the last century.
    We did fought on their side in the war against the russians in the 18th century.

Still the finnish kids have to learn Swedish at school, and we imported Finnish people to work on our factorys in the seventees.
    Many of the finnish citys are named after Swedish kings and warlords. Such as Vasa, after the swedish king Gustaf Vasa.

Well.. we got of topic.

Any one heard of ABBA and Ace of Bace? Max Martin?

And I really don´t know why there´s a lot of great golfers from our country.. but don´t forget Björn Borg, the worlds greates tennis player.

I've been to Stockholm and thought it was one of the cleanest, friendliest, most chilled out places I'd ever visited. The people were very welcoming and direct (like the Danish), which I really like. I'm generalizing of course, but the ones I met and worked with speak there mind and there seems to be a real pride in nordic classical music which I wish would rub off over here!. The British public tend to view it all as somewhat an amateur pastime, despite our decent orchestras and ensembles. If you say you're a composer they ask you what your day job is!.

The women.....very pretty

And, of course, Abba!!
    Trev Parks

I'm not from the US but I know that swedes come to my country to get drunk, lol We have a lot of drunk swede jokes in Denmark

also Mellow, I'd liek to know where you got the info of Sweden's history from - to my knowledge Sweden has never really occupied Denmark, even though you took Skåne from us.

Well.. as far as I know Denmark and Sweden has been fighting for several decades.

Our Swedish king Karl XII Gustav occupied both, Denmark, Norway, Finland and even turkey in the 16th century.. however you guys occupied sweden in the 14th century.. so I guess it´s fair enough

lol, yeah, I think the scandinavian countries fought for several centuries even I guess that might be why we are so (generally) peaceloving and mellow, we've had had more than enough war.

Swedish girls are yummie !

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast