• Register
  • Help

Topic: Questions about: Var1/2 + full Kontakt, ...

Share/Bookmark

Questions about: Var1/2 + full Kontakt, ...

Hello everybody!

I was nearly done with mocking up 2 more pieces with GPO, when the update was relased and now I am thinking about starting over from scratch. However before I do so, I would like to ask a few questions:

1) Is it still more advisable to use the full version Kontakt instead of the GPO-Kontakt player? Because before the update I could use 60% more instruments with full Kontakt before my system stuttered to a halt.

2) If I use the full Kontakt: How would I be able to take advantage of all the nifty special programming from the GPO-Kontakt player like Var1/2 and the like?

Any hints pointing me in the right direction are greatly appreciated!

Re: Questions about: Var1/2 + full Kontakt, ...

Musicpete,

"1) Is it still more advisable to use the full version Kontakt instead of the GPO-Kontakt player? Because before the update I could use 60% more instruments with full Kontakt before my system stuttered to a halt."

Not sure of the resources comparison but here's one thing to keep in mind when using the updates in the full version of Kontakt: The new "length" control feature (cc21) requires that the user place a piece of data at the beginning of the track (generally, a value of "64" will be about right) or the note length/release time will be too long. In the player this is handled by the default text files (see documentation for more details) but the full version of Kontakt does not have this feature so the user must do it manually.

"2) If I use the full Kontakt: How would I be able to take advantage of all the nifty special programming from the GPO-Kontakt player like Var1/2 and the like?"

Same as in the player: send MIDI controller data to Kontakt. VAR 1 and VAR2 are cc22 and cc23, respectively. Again, see the documentation .pdf file for more detailed information on controllers and assignments.

Tom

Re: Questions about: Var1/2 + full Kontakt, ...

Thank you very much, Tom! I don't have paper to print the updated manual right now, so I completely missed all that information when scanning through it.

Thank you!

Go Back to forum