• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bruce - a plea for HELP

Share/Bookmark

Bruce - a plea for HELP

Bruce,

I appreciate all the advice you have given me to date. Regarding the suggestion to use my external Roland SRV-330 reverb for my tracked recordings - I cannot seem to figure the routing out.

Let me tell you exactly my set-up, perhaps you can see the error of my ways.

Giga: Gina 24 (8 1/4\"jacks out to my Mackie LM 3204 - for reference monitoring). The Gina also has ADAT to the seperate computer that is running SX. When I am finished writing sequences I then \'track (record)\' the giga parts to SX.

Once recorded (this works beautifully), I then send L/R 1/4\" cables (via Tango 24) back to the Mackie (to a different channel that I was monitoring on.) I can see that the SRV-330 is getting adequate signal. I then route L/R 1/4\" cables from the output of the 330 to the input of the Tango - set up another Audio track in SX - arm the track - check to be sure the input channel is correct - and viola - no signal to the SX Audio \'verb\' channel.

Can you see where I am making a mistake? Or is there a simpler way to achieve the correct results.

Once again - thanks for your help.

Rob

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Bruce - a plea for HELP

Hi Rob,

As far as I can tell, you\'re routing correctly. I don\'t know the Tango well, so I don\'t have much to offer, except that perhaps it\'s not operating in full duplex mode or that you\'ve somehow gotten that input muted.

As far as the analog signal path, if you\'re getting signal into the SRV, and can confirm that you\'re getting signal out, then it\'s some issue of either the Tango or how the Tango is talking to Cubase.

I think you\'ll just have to struggle it out, and keep banging away.

good luck,
    Bruce

Thanks, Bruce. I\'ll keep banging away as you suggested. BTW, this verb track (when I figure it out) is ONLY the reverb signal right - which is to say it is primarily (100%) the verb sound. I guess the reason is I didn\'t want any phasing issues as I mix the two together. Thanks.

Originally posted by Rob Elliott:
    Bruce,

I appreciate all the advice you have given me to date. Regarding the suggestion to use my external Roland SRV-330 reverb for my tracked recordings - I cannot seem to figure the routing out.

Rob
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Rob, try pluging your headphone jack directly into the verbs output.

RickD,

Thanks, I discovered that I had a VST input clicked off.

Routing the 330 into SX works like a charm. It is amazing how wonderful this verb is (so much better than the stanrdard SX fare.)

Bruce, Thanks for getting me to the point of \'looking\' right under my nose.

Does everyone EQ all the low end out of verbs (that are tracked from an external units)? Again, I will experiment will it. Thanks in advance.

Go Back to forum