• Register
  • Help

Topic: Program changes with GPS and sibelius 3, how to?

Share/Bookmark

Question Program changes with GPS and sibelius 3, how to?

When I work with Garritan Personal Studio and my software Sibelius, I would like to add “program changes”, for example in strings sections (violins 1 or violins 2) change from “violins 1 lush” to “violins 1 pizzicato” or whatever. Since each sound represents a channel and we have 8 available in each one of the 8 Kontakt Player from GPS, how can I manage to make sound changes, like midi program changes, from Sibelius in a specific instrument?

Is there a midi message that allows me to change the midi channel during the playback of the score?

Thanks so much for your kind attention and help.

Re: Program changes with GPS and sibelius 3, how to?

I'm not sure about midi channel changes in Sibelius, but the new Keyswitch instruments in the new update sounds like what you're looking for. Load up the KS Violin 1 patch for example. The lowest note on the violin is the G beneath middle C. The keyswitch keys are the first full complete octave beneath an instruments lowest note. So the violin keyswitches start on the C 2 ledger lines beath the bass clef staff. When you want to change to pizz. for example, just before the pizz. notes start, place a low F natural in your score. To switch back to the sus/short strings place a low C natural in your score. Perhaps there's a way to hide these keyswitch notes in another layer of music, then your score will be uneffected visually.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff

Dear Jeff,

Thank you so much for your help! maybe this will be a solution, but I don´t know anything about "keyswitch". It is a new plugin? Can I find it as a new plugin in the Garrington personal orchestra official web page?

Please tell me more.

Kind Regards

Make sure you've downloaded and installed the new GPO update which was posted last week. The expanded keyswitch programming is in it. The keyswitch keys appear in yellow on the Kontakt player. Also download the updated documentation which explains all of the new features. The links to these updates are at the top of the general discussion section of the GPO forum.

Jeff

Thank you so much Jeff, I will try it!

This week I have to check all my system because my Mac G4 does not work very well. I want to reinstall again all my software and also GPO software. After this process I will try to install the GPO update you talk about. So in a few days, I will say you if this woks!

Kind regards

Go Back to forum