• Register
  • Help

Topic: Urgent: Assigning MIDI controlers

Share/Bookmark

Urgent: Assigning MIDI controlers

Hi all,

I have bought a new MIDI keyboard and it does not have a MOD wheel assignment button.

If I wanted to work with Expression (11) With my old keyboard, I would just click \"Assign\" and 11.

This new keyboard does not have that function.
    At first I thought of returning it, but the sales man told me that he thinkg it could be done in GigaStudio.

He told me I can check if it can be done for a day or two, and if I am not satisfied I can return it.

So, my question to you guys, is it possible to set GigaStudio in such a way that the mod wheel will affect other messages (such as #11)?

If so, how can it be done?

Thanks (and please, if you can, hurry! time is running out [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )

Re: Urgent: Assigning MIDI controlers

Quick (and non-definitive answer, just to point you on the right track.)

I believe the only way to do this is to reassign within each gig file in the editor. It\'s definitely NOT a global function.

OTOH, you could buy a box from Midi Solutions that reassigns the controllers. They\'re not real cheap (around $129-199, I believe) but they work pretty well, and can reassign several CCs at once. They can also assign things like pitch bend to CC and vice versa, so there may be real use for this in the GS universe.

Dasher

Or, for a free and flexible solution, download MidiOx. It\'ll do the trick.
    Gabriel

Thanks gabriels! It sure did the trick... thank you very much!

Go Back to forum