• Register
  • Help

Topic: X-Custom folder ?

Share/Bookmark

X-Custom folder ?

Great update!
    Question:
    When one unzips the X-Custom.zip, where does one put the files?

Re: X-Custom folder ?

C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\Library\Instruments

Right next to the Dry and Wet Audition foldrers.

I saw reference to this and read the splurb about it, but still haven't a hard time understanding exactly what the X-Custom folder is. Can anyone explain it?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Dewdman42,

Two main things:

1. The X-Custom folder gives the user the ability to choose a different controller for the mod wheel function in Expressive instruments. Breath control would be one possibility and a volume foot pedal might be another.
    2. The dynamic range of the Percussive (velocity controlled) instruments in the X-Custom folder can be adjusted to the user’s taste. Piano is a good example.

For more detailed info see the documentation .pdf. As posted elsewhere, here’s the link:

http://www.garritan.com/Update/GPOUpdate.pdf

Tom

Yea..I actually read that document on the plane the other day...but I guess until I download it and start messing around with it...it will remain a bit mysterious.. I understand the controller swap thing...which is handy. Not sure how you can make the piano more dynamic....but that is interesting indeed.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

I'm looking forward to the first post with the new X-Custom displayed....hint, hint.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Thumbs up Re: X-Custom folder ?

Although I had but a minute this past weekend to try the "X-Files" (I like to call them) this is a cool feature that I know I am going to use a lot of! Besides, I think Scully is hot! Molder needs some work thought....
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Dewdman42,

Two main things:

1. The X-Custom folder gives the user the ability to choose a different controller for the mod wheel function in Expressive instruments. Breath control would be one possibility and a volume foot pedal might be another.
    2. The dynamic range of the Percussive (velocity controlled) instruments in the X-Custom folder can be adjusted to the user’s taste. Piano is a good example.
    Tom
    Does anyone have recommendations on a volume foot pedal for GPO?

Go Back to forum