• Register
  • Help

Topic: Changing pitch of non transposed drum sounds??

Share/Bookmark

Changing pitch of non transposed drum sounds??

Good morning!!
    I\'m still new to giga so I may not have the syntax down, but I think I can make my question clear.
    I have assembled a 4 Tom/8 way velocity kit. I have two notes per tom set up. When I transfered the samples from the pool I used the right click option to keep the Unity note from affecting the pitch. The challange is I would like to change the pitch of the individual drums and/or the whole kit, but still not have the note number affect the pitch.

Also I\'m not having any luck adjusting the velocity level switch points.

Thanks for your help!!

Larry Thompson

Re: Changing pitch of non transposed drum sounds??

Gdevening Larry [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

To adjust the tuning of an individual subregion (eg your hi soft tom, as opposed to your hi loud tom), select the subregion with that sample in it, then select the sampler tab in case properties, then you can use the data field called tuning adjust to change just that samples tuning by cents. 1200 cents will get you an octave change in pitch. You can also enter - (negative) values. You must hit the \'apply\' button to hear your change.

To adjust velocity split points you can do a few things. First, make sure you actually have a velocity split set up. If the tom is a stereo sound, the velocity graphic just to the right of the wav pool should show two pairs of rectangles. The ones on the bottom represent the lower velocity sample, the ones one top represent the louder sample. The up down axis represents the velocity level from the standard 0-127 MIDI velocity levels. The name of the assigned wave file is displayed at the upper-left area inside the rectangles. If you can see this, you\'re almost done. The dividing line between the upper and lower pairs of rectangles represents the velocity switch point.You simply drag it up or down to change it. When you let go of the drag you should be able to hear the change. There are a few other ways to get at the split point, including using the blue balls - which is very quick if your doing a lot of regions.

If you only see a single pair of subregions in the velocity graphic window, then you haven\'t yet actually made a split region. To do this just click on the drop down arrow next to the word \'velocity\' above the velocity graphic. Now choose \'1 bit (2 splits) and click on OK. The velocity graphic window should now show space for two sets of stereo samples instead of one.

Hope this helps
    Cheers

Go Back to forum