• Register
  • Help

Topic: Y'all come over here and check these demos out! You too, Garritan!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Y'all come over here and check these demos out! You too, Garritan!

OK, now some of these 100% GPO demos (except one) are not complete. In fact, most of them are not. But I wanted y'all to check out and get a taste of what I been doing 'cause y'all ain't heard much from me. Heh, I didn't want y'all to think I've just been sitting around all day...

This first one is the fourth movement to a symphony I'm working on (the same symphony I've been working on that's on the Garritan Demo page). This is the last movement (which isn't done yet as you will be able to see). It's about 80% done so if it sounds like things are missing, that's the reason.

http://www.vipstudiosonline.com/mp3/Symphony4.mp3

This one right here is actually my brother, Christopher Reeves's work (and yes he's my twin, cuz I remember somebody asking about that). He's the one who did the piano concerto if y'all remember. It's called Korean Rhapsody, and he wrote it in dedication to a friend of his who is an exchange student from Korea for her 19th birthday. This piece is complete.

http://www.vipstudiosonline.com/mp3/KorRhap.mp3

This right here is the last movement to a six movement tone poem for symphonic band I did. It's called The Odyssey, and as you guessed it, it is based on The Odyssey by Homer. This piece is actually completely done. It's just that the GPO mockup of it is not (This is the only demo that is NOT 100% GPO, the saxophones are from Edirol Orchestral HQ).

http://www.vipstudiosonline.com/mp3/OdysseyClose.mp3

This is another from Chris. This is a latin jazz piece for 2 pianos. This is complete as well.

http://www.vipstudiosonline.com/mp3/rio.mp3

This next demo is from a ballet that scoring our college dance department concert. This one is not done either. This movement is not done. Only about 35% done.

http://www.vipstudiosonline.com/mp3/ChamberBallet.mp3

Finally, this demo is really only about 5% done. I have only been working on it for a little while. It is a piano concerto in it's VERY early stages. The mockup of it is fine so don't think that it's of lower quality than the rest of the demos, it's just the shortest of them all by a REAL wide margin.

http://www.vipstudiosonline.com/mp3/NewConcerto.mp3

I hope y'all enjoy these demos. And no these demos have not been mastered yet, as to why some of them may sound a tad bit on the rough side. But CERTAINLY not too rough to listen and enjoy! Check these out!

Re: Y'all come over here and check these demos out! You too, Garritan!

My goodness that's alot of music. I just finished listening and I'm going to need some time to digest it all and spew forth critique.

I like it all though. Most excelent!!!!!
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Craig,

I'm in the middle of getting lectures ready for tomorrow so, I only have a moment. I was listening to your fourth movement and I think it's one of the best things I have heard on this forum. Outstanding orchestration and composition and, most of all, it keeps one's attention!!!

You have to get this into the hands of a pro orchestra. I can't imagine any conductor turning this down...well, other than the crusty old turds that can't seem to get past Brahms. At least they aren't too many of those left. Thanks for sharing this.

-Chad
    Ps. Puts me in mind of Michael Torke a little.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Ah y'all are real cool for that, man! Thanks!

Wow... I think it would be a lot of fun having a twin brother who is as gifted as yourself... do you make music togehter also ?

I realy like your music though, with Odyssey as my absolute favorite, cabn't wait to hear all six movements!

Ron

The answer to your question would be a no. heh.

Amazing work! I am almost emberassed to be working on my own symphony, for it cannot even compare to yours. The orchestration is indeed fanstastic! What sequencer did you use? I am very inspired!

I also hope to hear more of that piano concerto, sounds nice so far!

I love your work, thanks for sharing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

My goodness Reeves, you have been busy, I'm sure Garritan will like these. Great variety and skill. Come back when the unfinished ones are finished.

Great production too.....it makes GPO sound as good as it is!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Reeves
    I'm here! And I checked the demos out.

All I can say is - these demos are phenomenal! I enjoyed each and every one of them.

Very natural sound to them. You certainly did many things right. Solid compositionally, great orchestration and excellent mixing. You really know how to make GPO shine. I cannot wait to hear the mastered versions.

I hope that these can be these to the GPO demo page.

Bravo to a master!

Gary Garritan

PS: You may have a future in being a super hero action figure

I'm here! And I checked the demos out.

All I can say is - these demos are phenomenal! I enjoyed each and every one of them.

Very natural sound to them. You certainly did many things right. Solid compositionally, great orchestration and excellent mixing. You really know how to make GPO shine. I cannot wait to hear the mastered versions.

I hope that these can be these to the GPO demo page.

Bravo to a master!

Gary Garritan

PS: You may have a future in being a super hero action figure
    Yeeeeeeeeahh!

Ya like 'dat, huh?

I'm really grateful for the comments man. I'm so flattered to have a man of your stature be a fan of my work! Thanks man!

Go Back to forum