• Register
  • Help

Topic: Microtuning

Share/Bookmark

Microtuning

Many samplers and synthesizers support microtuning. I am requesting (begging actually) this feature for Kontakt. I recently purchased Garritan\'s Personal Orchestra. This is a spectacular library of orchestral sounds. Yes, one can adjust the overall concert pitch from the Kontact interface. But I am surprised not to find support for the importing of Scala tuning files or at least the capability to adjust the intervallic relationships in such a sophisticated product. Not everyone plays in 12-tone equal temperament! With the growing interest in ethnic, microtonal and world music in general it is hoped that NI can remedy this glaring omission from their very fine sample player.

No 12th root of 2 here, please,

Thanks,

Jonathan Klizas

Re: Microtuning

Originally posted by Jonathan Klizas:
    Many samplers and synthesizers support microtuning. I am requesting (begging actually) this feature for Kontakt. I recently purchased Garritan\'s Personal Orchestra. This is a spectacular library of orchestral sounds. Yes, one can adjust the overall concert pitch from the Kontact interface. But I am surprised not to find support for the importing of Scala tuning files or at least the capability to adjust the intervallic relationships in such a sophisticated product. Not everyone plays in 12-tone equal temperament! With the growing interest in ethnic, microtonal and world music in general it is hoped that NI can remedy this glaring omission from their very fine sample player.

No 12th root of 2 here, please,

Thanks,

Jonathan Klizas
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You can tune each sample individually in Kontakt, so that should do the trick!

Re: Microtuning

Thanks for your response. Yes, I learned that the full version of Kontakt 1.5 can do this. Unfortunately for me the version that comes with Garritan\'s Personal Orchestra is a stripped down version. It is simply a sample player with no editing capabilities and therefore no retuning support.

Go Back to forum