• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler and logic audio help needed

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler and logic audio help needed

I wanted to use logic audio\'s sequencer to play midi sounds & samples stored in the gigasampler. I was told that this is easily done by first starting logic audio and this way the \'gigasampler/endless wave\' driver won\'t be greyed out, then start gigasampler and I should now be ready to go.

The problem is that the driver is greyed out when I open logic audio and go to a midi channel (or track) to set the output of that track to be the
    \'Gigasampler / Endless wave\' midi output.

No matter what I\'ve tried, the Gigasampler driver is greyed out in the logic window. All the other drivers are enabled and work fine. Any suggestions??

Re: Gigasampler and logic audio help needed

Hey Broojo,
    Try the following (it\'s an answer to a simlar problem on another forum):

Quote:
    Gigastudio allows you to enable or disable each individual audio channel on the Mixtreme card.

Logic allows you to specify the *maximum number* of channels you would like to
    enable on the card.

So take the following steps:

1) Run Gigastudio. On the Settings->Hardware/Routing page disable all audio
    output channels. Enable channels 15 and 16.

2) While Gigastudio is running, start Logic Audio. In the second Audio Drivers
    settings page, under ASIO choose \"Max I/O streams\"
    of 14 IN and 14 OUT. Then enable ASIO and relaunch Logic.

Assuming both programs exit correctly and save their settings, it should now be
    possible to start either program or both at the
    same time without crashes.

Notes:

* This assumes that the user wants to reserve 14 channels for Logic Audio and 2
    channels for Giga. Of course you can change
    this. Just remember that Logic takes over a range of channels from 1 up to the
    max you specify. Logic ignores channels above
    this max. You can assign these extra channels to Giga or to another app.

* Gigastudio 2.01.36 is a necessary update for this setup to work, because
    previous versions of Gigastudio wouldn\'t let you change
    the sample depth from 24 bits to 16 bits. Plus some problems with Logic
    integration have been addressed.

Kevin
    Nemesys Tech Support

Re: Gigasampler and logic audio help needed

Thanks Chadwick,
    Unfortunately, this did not help. I\'m running gigasampler with logic audio 5, not gigastudio. I\'m also not using an ASIO?, I\'m using the PC\'s directsound card. This is all rather confusing to me, though. I can use a midi keyboard/controller to trigger my samples in the gigasampler and I can record midi notes in the logic sequencer and play it back through the soundcard, but I don\'t know how to make the logic audio sequencer trigger the samples in the gigasampler. I\'m sure it\'s a simple channel configuration problem, but I haven\'t been able to figure it out yet. Any other ideas....anyone???

Go Back to forum