• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do I insert CC 64 in order to use the alternate up and down in Sonar 3/4?

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy How do I insert CC 64 in order to use the alternate up and down in Sonar 3/4?

Hi!

I am trying to use the alternate up and down option for solo violin with my midi files but since I have no midi controller I need to insert them manually. How do I do that in Sonar 3 or 4? I tried it yesterday but didnt notice any diference in the sound...is it easy to tell that it is alternating? I hope I can do this since thats the reasong I decided to get GPO in the first place..unfortunately the Customer support wasnt very cooperative about it :-(
    Regards

Re: How do I insert CC 64 in order to use the alternate up and down in Sonar 3/4?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLIN95
    I am trying to use the alternate up and down option for solo violin with my midi files but since I have no midi controller I need to insert them manually.
    In new GPO update, automatic up and down bowing is available in the key-switched (KS) version of the solo strings. With this option, you don't need to insert the CC64 events.

If you don't want to upgrade:
    In SONAR, the CC64 events are entered on the piano roll view. Under the notes in question, draw a CC64 at any value above 64 under the first note, then CC64 value below 64 under the next note...repeat through the passage in question. Tedious.

I'd get the upgrade...it's (unbelievably) free and fixes many problems as well as adding bunch of new features. It's really great.
    Bill

Re: How do I insert CC 64 in order to use the alternate up and down in Sonar 3/4?

Quote Originally Posted by billp
    In new GPO update,
    If you don't want to upgrade:
    In SONAR, the CC64 events are entered on the piano roll view. Under the notes in question, draw a CC64 at any value above 64 under the first note, then CC64 value below 64 under the next note...repeat through the passage in question. Tedious.
    If you're doing it manually, make sure the controller messages come in a little -before- the note you want it to affect....

Silly question but I got the upgrade but still am not sure how to activate the up and down bows automatically for my midi files.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by SHAOLIN95
    Silly question but I got the upgrade but still am not sure how to activate the up and down bows automatically for my midi files.
    Regards
    Get the manual HERE and refer to the section on "Keyswitches for Solo Strings" on page 10. You would add a "D" below middle C note (I think) to your sequence in the solo violin track immediately before the point where you want to enable the automatic up-and-down bowing.
    Bill

Go Back to forum