• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (Christmas)

Share/Bookmark

Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (Christmas)

Here is my arrangement for the GPO holiday CD. Hope you like! Something a little different -- and it's 100% GPO.

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/.../music&.view=l

Jim

Re: Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming (Christmas)

Jim,

The link doesn't seem to want to work in your Yahoo folder. I'll check back later.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

doesn't work for me neither.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Jim,

The link doesn't seem to want to work in your Yahoo folder. I'll check back later.

Jonny
    Please do. Yahoo seems to be temporarily down.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahamma
    Please do. Yahoo seems to be temporarily down.
    I think it's working again now-

I really like the realistic sounds that you have acheived in this piece. Thanks for sharing it.

Chiseen

Slight pickiness here (and NOT meaning to offend!) - if the legato capability could be employed on the opening oboe/english horn, then it would sound more realistic. I LOVE the arrangement itself though. VERY nice. I think getting the legato sound would simply cap the tune and make it perfect!

The use of percussion was done well and really keeps the song going. The flute was nice too, very airy and cool!

Very nicely done! It will go extremely well on the GPO Christmas CD (now if I could only get my pieces done!).

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. Selby
    Slight pickiness here (and NOT meaning to offend!) - if the legato capability could be employed on the opening oboe/english horn, then it would sound more realistic. I LOVE the arrangement itself though. VERY nice. I think getting the legato sound would simply cap the tune and make it perfect!

The use of percussion was done well and really keeps the song going. The flute was nice too, very airy and cool!

Very nicely done! It will go extremely well on the GPO Christmas CD (now if I could only get my pieces done!).

Kevin
    Thanks for the critique! I had a lot of fun with this -- forced me into a "Garritan-only" box. You know, I played with a more legato attack on the notes of the oboe, but I wasn't entirely happy with the way the notes schmeared together, just sounded too artificial. Looking forward to hearing your tunes-

Jim

Jim,

It is indeed working now. I will give it a listen and comment later on. Cool?

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Hi Mista,

This was very nice indeed although I agree with Mr Selby about the flute. If you didn't like the legato playing then just try moving the notes closer together in the piano editor....or maybe even try overlapping them slightly. Very nice arrangement.

Your recording seems to be overloading....especially at the beginning.

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast