• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone want to give this a try?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone want to give this a try?

Hey folks,

I'm not sure if I ever told you guys and gals this, but I recently got hired to the faculty at Hocking College in Nelsonville Oh, teaching 20th Century American Music History. It's a pretty broad subject, covering Folk, Blues, Jazz, Country, Rock, Classical, Film, (I added this one!) and Broadway.

Anywho, I'm giving a final tonight and I thought I'd see if any of you fine people would like to give it a go. Do ya? :-)

Here are the links. One is a Word document (.doc), the other is in PDF format. Give it a shot if you feel up to the challenge! I'd like to see who would get the better grade in my class. :-)

http://www.jonnylostinc.com/20th%20C...ic%20Final.doc (Word Document)

http://www.jonnylostinc.com/20th%20C...ic%20Final.pdf (PDF File)

Good luck!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Anyone want to give this a try?

Boy, I don't know the answers to any of those questions! I'm afraid I'd fail . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Yup, I'd fail too.
    Tim

Man, that's easy.

Yeah, right.

Are you sure none of your students browse here? lol - I am a part time teacher and I know my students would LOVE for me to post the test early
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Alan, Shhhhh! I 'm getting emails from them as I type .

Hey Jonny! What are ya trying to do ... give me that ol "Scare Crow" syndrome? Ya know, "If I Only Had A Brain".

The Wizard? The Wizard? I can't get you in to see the Wizard!
    But he promised he would give me a heart.
    And me the courage.
    And me a Brain.
    And me the way to go home.
    And all of us answers to Jonny's test!
    Toto too?
    No, leave that fleabag outside where he belongs.
    How about a little fire Scarecrow?
    Sure, I could use a smoke right about now your royal darkness. Love the monkeys babe!

Man's Nuts, Grab 'Em!
    Styxx

Hey guys,

Now come on, it's not that hard. I gaurantee that most of you would probably ace my classes.

Alan, long time no see mate! Yes, I'm sure that none of them check out our forum. Hey, I check out you new website. Congrats on the new Libraries coming out. As soon as I get a full sampler, I fully intend on getting your entire acoustic library. The bass guitar and drums sound amazing. So I'm sure your acoustic Guitar will be absolutely astounding. Once again, congratualtaions.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Some random answers, not necessarily in any order –

The Battle of Hastings; Alfred the Great; Vikings… Oh, sorry, wrong test.

New Orleans and Chicago; Paris – because everyone, from Stravinsky to Picasso was there and nobody of importance was here –Anthiel (sp?) and Copland; slavery; the railroad; influenced by the blues; piano, drums and bass; Ziegfield’s Follies…

How am I doing so far? That bad huh? OK, I give up.

I’m familiar with a little of this but not all. Some of it has been a long time. I’m sure I’d fail the test. Are you going to post answers? Maybe after you’ve given the test to your students?
    Trent P. McDonald

I'd do fine if I took the class, I'm sure.

Last year, when I was in high school, I did visit some teacher's forums . . . None of my teachers posted any tests, but I knew more about them then they thought I knew . . .

If that's not bad enough, I bought an old computer from the school system (they have an auction for old equipment every year). When I powered it up, I found some nice databases with all sorts of teacher information. They hadn't formatted the drive like they were supposed to! Man, some of them didn't get paid a whole lot! I feel evil. But I do my research on my teachers . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum