• Register
  • Help

Topic: I think it's time to say ....

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up I think it's time to say ....

How much I appreciate Mr. Garritan and his developing crew for all they do, have done, and may be planning for the future of GPO not only for us here but the musical world as well. I know my life and outlook with music has changed for the better since this past March. And, I think of how many new people from all over the world GPO has introduced me to as well. For a time there I was beginning to feel a bit alone and left out and that the world had no real good people left. I am glad I was so wrong!
    You people are the greatest!
    Styxx

Re: I think it's time to say ....

You're absolutely right on Mr. Styxx.

Where else can you get such a fantastic value for the price AND not have to pay upgrade fees (not that all upgrade fees are bad...).

I think the key here is that the "owners" if you will are so completely focused on the needs of the average musician that it can't help but spill out into the product such that folks can IMMEDIATELY start successfully using the product.

Before GPO (in fact, I now measure my life in "pre-GPO" and "post-GPO" timelines...heh heh...) I would have really struggled to answer a request by someone for a good quality orchestra song, or background track. Now I have every confidence in the world that I at LEAST have every sound I need...now whether I can put them together correctly is another story, but at least I don't have to worry about the sounds themselves. They're covered. Period.

And THAT, my fellow musicians, is a wonderful thought that gives me a LOT more confidence than I used to have concerning these things.

Ooh...just thought of something that I'd been meaning to say/ask before I actually purchased GPO (and if this needs to go in another thread, either move this post or let me know and I'll go post this elsewhere). In my personal opinion, GPO could FURTHER out-compete probably all other orchestral sound libraries out there by simply offering a crippled or time-bound demo (of only a few sounds...say Solo Oboe, Solo Cello, and maybe some of the string sections) so that musicians could actually PLAY it before buying it. I'm certainly not knocking the fact that a newcomer can certainly LISTEN to a ton of songs produced by GPO (and I listened to probably all of the songs there are!), however, there was still that nagging feeling in my mind that I sure wished I could sit at my keyboard and actually PLAY a few of the sounds to see what all the buzz was about. Granted, the songs produced using GPO "sold" the product for me, but to actually PLAY a few sounds would have been a nail in the coffin knock-out punch beyond any doubt kind of thing. Just a thought.

Kevin

Not only do I think that Gary, Tom and the rest of the GPO crew are deserving of thanks, but also all of the people here and the forum who help me get through every day with a smile on my face.
    Tim

Yes, thank you to all who make GPO possible!

I remember listening to the GPO demos for the first time, and I knew I had to have it, especially with it's remarkable price.

I hope my future compositions will do GPO justice!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thumbs up Re: I think it's time to say ....

I hope my future compositions will do GPO justice!
    That I don't doubt a bit sir.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum