• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please throw an idiot a bone

Share/Bookmark

Please throw an idiot a bone

I've been trying to figure out how to save changes to an instrument and can't seem to figure it out and the manual doesn't cover this. I'm not talking about saving settings....Tom Hopkins brought back an original GPO patch in a new Keyswitch version and my computer has to look for the samples everytime I load the patch. Tom said I could save the new instrument and wouldn't have to go through this each time, but I don't know how to save instruments.

The patch can be found here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=26032

Can anyone out there help?
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Re: Please throw an idiot a bone

Wes,

Sorry for the delay here but I'm waiting for an answer from Germany on this subject so that I'm sure I'm not overlooking anything here. I'll post as soon as possible.

Tom

Wes,

How I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I've received an answer to my questions about saving files in the player. This function is available only in the full version of Kontakt. For the custom instruments I posted a few days ago this means that anyone who has the standard "C" drive installation (like mine) will have no trouble using these files. Anyone with an installation on an alternate drive will encounter the same problems you have encountered. Only if the user has the full version of Kontakt can the file be saved with the new pathways and allow the instrument to find the samples automatically. Sorry I don't have a better workaround but, frankly, I had never taken note of this particular limitation in the player. I don't believe NI has any plans to change this in the near future.

Tom

Tom,

No problem. If anyone else experiences this, just check the box next to the find button (I cannot recall what the box says) and then the computer will not prompt you to search for each sample....it'll just load all of them once they are located.

Wes
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Wes,

How I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I've received an answer to my questions about saving files in the player. This function is available only in the full version of Kontakt. For the custom instruments I posted a few days ago this means that anyone who has the standard "C" drive installation (like mine) will have no trouble using these files. Anyone with an installation on an alternate drive will encounter the same problems you have encountered. Only if the user has the full version of Kontakt can the file be saved with the new pathways and allow the instrument to find the samples automatically. Sorry I don't have a better workaround but, frankly, I had never taken note of this particular limitation in the player. I don't believe NI has any plans to change this in the near future.

Tom
    Tom,

Probably I'm missing something here, but... Don't you have the path information available from the Windows register during the upgrade process? I don't know how your upgrde process works, but I suppose the upgrade program could use it so setup the sampleset properly just like when you install the library for the first time. Just an stupid idea.

Anton

Go Back to forum