• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mahler 1, 2nd movement

Share/Bookmark

Mahler 1, 2nd movement

Hey all,

I took the beginning of this movement to play around with the new samples since the strings are pretty aggressive in the 'A' section. This example only goes to the first repeat and the file size is about 800Kb. Keep in mind I'm not really set up to mix.

This was all done in Sibelius 2.11 using the plug-ins available from the Garritan website.

http://users.adelphia.net/~chads/musicfiles/Mahler_1_m2.mp3

-Chad
    Ps. Let me know if there are any problems with the link.
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Re: Mahler 1, 2nd movement

Quote Originally Posted by CString
    Hey all,

I took the beginning of this movement to play around with the new samples since the strings are pretty aggressive in the 'A' section. This example only goes to the first repeat and the file size is about 800Kb. Keep in mind I'm not really set up to mix.

This was all done in Sibelius 2.11 using the plug-ins available from the Garritan website.

http://users.adelphia.net/~chads/musicfiles/Mahler_1_m2.mp3

-Chad
    Ps. Let me know if there are any problems with the link.
    Very nice! I would just increase the tempo a little. It seems a bit slow.

Regards
    LouisD

Chad,

Very nice. This was done in Sibilieus? Cool. I'm getting Sibelius 3 as my reward for the 33,000th post and I'm thinking that maybe you would be willing to help me figure it out when I get it. There is supposed to be a GPO/Sibelius tutorial coming out, but I have no clue as to when it will be done. Hopefully soon, so I can learn everything that I can about it.

Nice job with the symphony.
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thumbs up Re: Mahler 1, 2nd movement

I wasn't much of a Mahler fan until a few weeks ago hearing some of his works on a concert station so I am not familiar with this particular work. However, I will say that the updates sure do make for a more convincing sound don't they?
    I like! You are going to finish, yes? No? Maybe not? Yes?
    Styxx

Louis,
    You are right it is a touch slower than the marking on the score, which is dotted half = 66 at bar 5. I have it closer to dotted half = 54. Probably the result of hearing Claudio Abbado(sp?) too many times. I prefer it a little slower. The first four bars are only marked Kräftig bewegt with no specific metronome mark.

Jon,
    I would be more than happy to help you with Sibelius. Let me know when you get it installed.

Styxx,
    I wasn't planning on more but I suppose I could crank out the next segment after I finish a couple of arrangements I have to do for work. By the way, if you are finding that you like Mahler, get your ears on Das Lied von der Erde (The Song of the Earth). It's beauty is astounding.

Also check out some of the works by his wife, Alma Mahler. She wrote some very striking Lieder.

-Chad
    Me fail English? That's unpossible.

Go Back to forum