• Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: MY COUNTRYMEN JUST TRYING TO HELP

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy MY COUNTRYMEN JUST TRYING TO HELP

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

Re: MY COUNTRYMEN JUST TRYING TO HELP

It is always nice to see Americans acting as "goodwill ambassadors" with the rest of the world -- I just can't imagine why people in other countries don't like Americans.

Did "Think About It" write one of those American reponses?

Angry Re: MY COUNTRYMEN JUST TRYING TO HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    Wow, that's so funny (LOL) in a sad way. The angry repsonders are Bush voters. What a country!

Ern
    How many times have I said on this forum, IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS OF THE BRITISH CONCERNING THE US ELECTIONS! Absolutely none. Anyone from here mouthing off about what THEY think American citizens should vote, is indeed a LIMEY A S S HOLE. A lot of those messages are completely correct in their vitriol, and if it was a reversed sitiualtion in say, next May, the British would write the same. I cannot remember one incident when Americans have tried to foist their views about how the British should vote in an election here - not once.
    Anyone interferring with another country's election process and citizens personal domestic politics, should be taken out into the square - and SHOT! Including Limey A S S HOLES!

Curse of the year:

MAY YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TOOTH CAPPED.

The terror! The unbridled terror!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Anyone interferring with another country's election process and citizens personal domestic politics, should be taken out into the square - and SHOT!
    Uhuh...

The rest of the world is quaking in its boots over the US election. Outside the US, no matter what the opinion is over current American foreign policy, the result is felt to affect us all. No wonder we feel involved. What is most worrying is the vision of Bush and the neocon foreign policy being re-elected and mandated as a result of misinformation and ignorance.

The top issue amongst American voters is Security, and they heavily favour Bush, giving him credit because there has not been another attack.

Do you know how daft that is? The biggest danger to face the West, especially the US is the potential of international terrorists to acquire nuclear weapons, portable, back-pack size. These would never have come from Saddam and the CIA new that. These will come from failed or unstable former Soviet states and divided states like Pakistan. Nuclear facilities here are poorly guarded. There are many reports that islamic terrorists ALREADY HAVE THEM, but have been unable to deploy them. Invading Iraq was a monumental mistake on many levels.

The reason why there have been no attacks on the US is that Al Quaeda is actually a not an organisation at all. Bin Laden was behind 9/11, but this stretched his ability to cause harm to the max. There is no evidence that Al Queda exists as a terror network, other than in the propaganda by the neocon movement, who need a single enemy of maximum capability and evil to establish their own dominance in US politics. Note that the first time the term “Al Quaeda” was used was by the CIA after 9/11.

It suits both the terrorists and the neocons, as well as the media, that an organised Al Quaeda exists. What exists are a number of terrorist groups, each with their own local agenda. (You wouldn't see the Madrid bombers attacking the US). There may be money flow and support in training, but there is no network preparing an organised assault. Osama Bin Laden’s primary involvement is with the originally Eqypt based Islamic Jihad (as a money man, not a fighter), a group much weakened by their failure in Algeria and Egypt, and later by their expulsion from Afghanistan. The invasion of Iraq was a gift to them. It may well be that the aftermath of the invasion will provide the impetus and support to create an organisation closer to the myth the neocons created.

My point is that, unlike in the myth, it is (or was) possible to pursue and eradicate the 9/11 perpetrators and prevent future attacks. Islamic Jihad is (or was) a defined group, with enough intelligence available on them, and enough international goodwill, to wage an organised international campaign against them following 9/11. The first step was the invasion of Afghanistan.

The failure to put an appropriately overwhelming force into Afghanistan to ensure the capture of Bin Laden was a monumental error, a result of Bush's need to save his resources for Iraq. Depending on Bin Laden’s ability to get organised, this decision may rank alongside Hitler’s attempted invasion of Russia as a decision that defined the future shape of the world.

A fraction of the money spent on Iraq could have provided an international intelligence and security force dedicated to the persuit of Islamic terrorists.

Bush’s policy is an abject failure to provide security for the US and the West, including me. Maybe I should email this to all potential Bush voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers
    Uhuh...

The rest of the world is quaking in its boots over the US election. etc ect.
    Yes. All very well and good and I'm sure good points. But is the issue at the top of this thread about British going to Ohio and trying to get American voters to change their votes to Kerry - or have I read it wrong.

Yes. All very well and good and I'm sure good points. But is the issue at the top of this thread about British going to Ohio and trying to get American voters to change their votes to Kerry - or have I read it wrong.
    There are commentators who think the rest of the world should be able to vote in the US election, may be through a "rest of the world" electoral college.

I think that's going a bit far. But I think it's perfectly valid for foreigners to lobby American voters with their concerns on global issues.

Edit:
    Our teeth seem to be a weapon of terror against the rest of the world. If our teeth are a global concern, I would expect you to lobby the Brits to vote against Blair and his appalling NHS dental care provision.

I think it´s fair that europeans and the rest of the world shouldn´t be involved in the U.S election.
    However.
    The americans that says such a thing, must know that the Americans have supported war around the globe, just because the U.S want to decide the leaders in many countries.
    In 1973, the americans replaced the democratic government of chile, with the dictator Pinochet.. and so the story goes..

Anyone interferring with another country's election process and citizens personal domestic politics, should be taken out into the square - and SHOT! Including Limey A S S HOLES!
    What are you guys doing in Iraq then?
    And Chile, and Iran, and Afghanistan, and Vietnam, and Korea?

http://www.neravt.com/left/invade.htm

Who said anything about interfering in other countries politics?

How many times have I said on this forum, IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS OF THE BRITISH CONCERNING THE US ELECTIONS! Absolutely none. Anyone from here mouthing off about what THEY think American citizens should vote, is indeed a LIMEY A S S HOLE. A lot of those messages are completely correct in their vitriol, and if it was a reversed sitiualtion in say, next May, the British would write the same. I cannot remember one incident when Americans have tried to foist their views about how the British should vote in an election here - not once.
    Ohh get a grip you idiot. That would mean many,many americans losing their lives.

ed

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast