• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Please help...King, i'm looking in your direction

Share/Bookmark

Please help...King, i\'m looking in your direction

hi all,
    got a little problem. i\'m working on a pocket pc game and have to use a tracker to produce .mod files. actually, let me take a step back. i have to port a game to this platform, and take the original midi file and convert them to .mod files one way or another. i\'m doing this all on a pc running win 98
    what i\'ve done so far is used a converter program to produce a .xm file from a midi file (work fine). but the player that this game uses needs a .mod file. so does anyone know of a program that will convert from .xm to .mod. or will go from midi to .mod.

it seems like the .mod files are created on amiga systems...or am i really blind and missing something? what i really don\'t want to do is have to start from scratch and create a .mod file and not ulitilize the original midi file. and i haven\'t seen any windows program that saves as . mod files

sorry for the non giga subject...but i\'m really stuck.

thanks for any help/

Re: Please help...King, i\'m looking in your direction

Originally posted by dSonicka:
    hi all,
    got a little problem. i\'m working on a pocket pc game and have to use a tracker to produce .mod files. actually, let me take a step back. i have to port a game to this platform, and take the original midi file and convert them to .mod files one way or another. i\'m doing this all on a pc running win 98
    what i\'ve done so far is used a converter program to produce a .xm file from a midi file (work fine). but the player that this game uses needs a .mod file. so does anyone know of a program that will convert from .xm to .mod. or will go from midi to .mod.

it seems like the .mod files are created on amiga systems...or am i really blind and missing something? what i really don\'t want to do is have to start from scratch and create a .mod file and not ulitilize the original midi file. and i haven\'t seen any windows program that saves as . mod files

sorry for the non giga subject...but i\'m really stuck.

thanks for any help/
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi,

Go to http://hem.spray.se/joakim.slettengren/
    There\'s two programs there (mid2mod.zip and ptmid.zip) that are described as converting mid files to mod files. They are supposed to work under MSDOS.
    Hope that helps.

Ruben

If you still have trouble after following the links given above, send me a private message and I\'ll try to put you in touch with someone who could probably help.
    We just played our surf music set (The Fatman and Team Fat) at the Classic Gaming Expo in Las Vegas and we met an amazing analog synth and game music enthusiast who was DJing the music for the expo. He is hardcore about vintage game music and is working with old game synth chips and analog synths like nobodys buisness. His name is Seth and he was truly humbling to watch and talk with.
    If all else fails, I\'ll put you in touch.
    David Govett

Hi David, i bet the name of your friend is Seth Miller?

Maybe i\'m totally wrong...

Perhaps. You can find him at www.brainscream.com
    Have fun
    Dave

hey guys,
    thanks for all the info! i\'m looking into those mentioned programs as we speak!

Ok, David, forget this, not the guys i know... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I know a good one...

This program is called FastTracker... You can easily save your .XM as .MOD

The adress you can get this:

http://www.gwinternet.com/music/ft2/software/ft2.htm

http://www.relaypoint.net/~emillan/ft2/dload.htm

The official site used to be for a long time, but I think it\'s no longer availible there:
    http://www.starbreeze.com

You can also try Impulse Tracker, as FastTracker needs a SoundBlaster compatible soundcard, official site here:

http://www.noisemusic.org/it/

For other resources simple do a search on Google.

Hope you find the simplest way for you.

Hansi

I almost forgot...

Be aware of using effects... MOD does not take this well... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] And ensure they use the (newer) expanded MOD format, or you\'ll have only 4 channels (MOD-channels, 4 notes at one time...)

Feel free to post questions about MOD/tracking, I hope I can help you...

Hansi

hey guys,
    thanks again for the help! all of the above were usefl especially fast tracker is what will help me the most. it\'s been interesting doing research on a format that seems like an idea that didn\'t catch on (seems like too many different ideas and format types). although in a way a pre cursor to giga perhaps?
    thoughts?

Go Back to forum