• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just a word or six on the Updates - - - - -

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Just a word or six on the Updates - - - - -

I was messing with demos I've done since purchasing GPO in March. Using the new updates I noticed more "Life" and "realism" given to my work in every way. Sounds most real than before. Especially the strings and woodwinds which seem to render more of a humanist appeal to the timbre of each instrument. Maybe I have been away from it too long or finally got serious. Whatever, my compliments to everyone involved in the updates as well as the beta team for their help in testing and ensuring the updates were set.
    I also started orchestrating The Wizard of Oz for rehearsals. Mostly using a piano / vocal score, I have to rely on listening to the original recordings in order to get a feel of the orchestration. Getting half way through Somewhere Over The Rainbow, I noticed how real it was beginning to sound and sat back getting all choked up. For fourteen years I've been using external sequencers and sound modules attempting to achieve the closest sound of an orchestra as possible with some near results but never totally satisfied. Now that GPO and the updates are in just in time for this project, everything seems like a dream come true.
    My only prayer is to be able to orchestrate worthy of the original as possible. Not to mention wishing I had a full score.
    These are my words on this amazing wonderful library Mr. Garritan has painstakingly put together for the world to savor. And, what truly boggles my mind is Mr. Garritan's relentless desire in helping and keeping us musicians on top of our game and satisfied with this product. Where in the world did this man come from? Plenty of entrepreneurs can learn a lesson from Gary on how to treat, keep, and satisfy thier customers.
    Thanks for the updates Gary and GPO! You have man one tired old worn out musician (oh sorry, drummers aren't musicians ) alive again!
    Styxx

Re: Just a word or six on the Updates - - - - -

Styxx,

I completely agree with you 185%. (That's quite a bit!) I am also blown away by the realism that is achievable.

By the way, I had to do the same thing with the Wizard of Oz about 4 years ago when I directed it for a community theater group back home. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything like GPO to do it. I would love to hear the end result of your orchestrated score.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thumbs up Re: Just a word or six on the Updates - - - - -

Jonny,
    No doubt you use Tams score right? I can't stand condensed conductor slash piano slash vocal scores. The bite the wrong way! Hey, when I am finished with Over The Rainbow I'll send you a copy for your critique and possible help.
    Styxx

Re: Just a word or six on the Updates - - - - -

Styxx,

That would be awesome. I'd love to help out.

Talk to you soon,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum