• Register
  • Help

Topic: Increasing memory load in GS3?

Share/Bookmark

Increasing memory load in GS3?

I used to get to 93% in GS2.5....but now runnig GS3 I simply can't pass 57%. I've tried various memory tweaking options, but they haven't resulted in a higher percentage. Any tips on this one?

Re: Increasing memory load in GS3?

There are a couple posts about this, with a registry tweak tool that can help you if you have over 1GB of RAM. Do a search and you'll find it.

I have the same thing.

If you find the link, can you re-post it? I just haven't had time to sort through all the posts.

If you're referring to "the" tweak....I've done that one. It did help for me in GS2, but GS3 doesn't seem to profit from it.

The memory counter value in GS3 gives completely different values from the one in 2.5. On my 1.5 GB machines 99% in Giga 2.5 was about 800MB load on the msg32.exe process, but in GS3 the same 800MB corresponds to 70%. It may seem a bit confusing, but they needed to change it to give room for the higher memory load in GS3.

/Mattias

Ok thx. That's an explaination. I couldn't compare it myself, since I would have to reinstall over again.

Go Back to forum