• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pitch of samples jumps - Please help!

Share/Bookmark

Pitch of samples jumps - Please help!

I have an extremely frustrating problem. When playing a sample that requires me to hold down the key, the pitch is normal for about half a second, but then jumps about 2 octaves and speeds up. Only certain samples behave this way, and I\'ve been trying to find a common thread between them. Up until yesterday, they were all samples converted to giga from Akai CDs with CDXtract. But after loading Acoustic God from the QL Guitar library (giga) after not using it for several months, I notice it\'s also exhibiting this weirdness. Another strange thing is that once in a while a sample will play through normally - but this will happen only about once in every 50 keystrokes.

Has anyone encountered this before? In case it\'s something to do with my setup/ software version, here\'s my setup:

Gigastudio 2.50.10
    2 ghz P4, 256mb rdram
    intel mobo, 850 chipset
    dual 40gb HDs
    echo mia audio card - latest drivers

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Pitch of samples jumps - Please help!

Originally posted by EviLjuaN:
    I have an extremely frustrating problem. When playing a sample that requires me to hold down the key, the pitch is normal for about half a second, but then jumps about 2 octaves and speeds up. Only certain samples behave this way, and I\'ve been trying to find a common thread between them. Up until yesterday, they were all samples converted to giga from Akai CDs with CDXtract. But after loading Acoustic God from the QL Guitar library (giga) after not using it for several months, I notice it\'s also exhibiting this weirdness. Another strange thing is that once in a while a sample will play through normally - but this will happen only about once in every 50 keystrokes.

Has anyone encountered this before? In case it\'s something to do with my setup/ software version, here\'s my setup:

Gigastudio 2.50.10
    2 ghz P4, 256mb rdram
    intel mobo, 850 chipset
    dual 40gb HDs
    echo mia audio card - latest drivers

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hmm thats a weird one but I would check two things. One open up the sample in question in your audio editor to make sure it did not get screwed up in the conversion. Secondly, it sounds to me like the sample rate is not stable. Make sure that your sample rate is \"locked\" on your sound to prevent it from jumping around.

Scott

Go Back to forum