• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem Installing Stylus RMX...

Share/Bookmark

Angry Problem Installing Stylus RMX...

I'm about to do some serious harm to my RMX DVD's...

I've installed everything three sepparate times and as soon as I choose Stylus RMX as a VST instance in cubase SX 2 my system freezes. I can only power off my system. Yet everything else works perfectly...old stylus, atmosphere...etc.

The first time after I installed it I was given the choice when starting an instance in Cubase to authorize or run in demo mode. I was too impatient to auhorize, could demo mode be causing these problems? Even after my other unistallation and reinstallation attempts I have never seen that option screen again to run in demo mode.

Also, the Stylus RMX installer doesn't seem to register anything in the Windows Registry because you can't unistall it from Control Panel.

I can't find a support page on Spectrasonics website...any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Re: Problem Installing Stylus RMX...

Hi Edward,

Their website could use a little fixing up in the navigation department but I was able to find information pretty quickly (< 5 mins) just now. Here is their page that should give you all that you need to know:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/companyinfo_contact.html

I'm sure also that their support info is in the installation manual but I don't have it with me in order to say 100% or not. HTH and good luck solving your problem.

FV

Talking Re: Problem Installing Stylus RMX...

Just talked to Tech support...apparantly RMX+Cubase+Lastest Quicktime causes problems. I guess it wasn't just me. I uninstalled QT and BAM it worked...and I can definately do without QT for awhile in exchange for RMX...it's amazing!

And BTW, Spectrasonics if your listening in, thanks for such awesome support. I left a message and was called back within the hour.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Alright, I take it back...my problem is back...first, RMX is pretty sluggish...2nd, it crashes when I open another VST...specifically Ultra Focus. Anyone else having this problem?
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Edward,

You might want to post this at the Spectrasonics Yahoo Group:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/spectrasonics/

Just did...thanks for the advice. Strange though, looking over the yahoo group posts no one has mentioned this problem.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edward
    Just did...thanks for the advice. Strange though, looking over the yahoo group posts no one has mentioned this problem.
    You just might be the first person who has UltraFocus AND RMX. You now fall into that lucky category of "early adopter" buyers!

Smile Re: Problem Installing Stylus RMX...

Alright, I have essentially solved the problem I had earlier. I originally had a problem with Quick time where opening an instance of RMX would cause a system freeze.

After uninstalling QT RMX loaded one time but ran sluggish. Then when I tried to load additional VST's with RMX the system would freeze. Followed by it freezing my system with just trying to launch a single instance of RMX only. I started digging into this and couldn't figure it out because all of my other VST's could load perfectly without RMX and my system ran great overall...

So I finally decide to run, under the Steinberg Start Menu, "ASIO Multimedia Setup" and then "ASIO Direct X Full Duplex Setup". It showed me my system was loosing sync.

I also realized I only had one IN and one OUT selected on these settings screens - specifically only "MAUDIO Delta 1010LT Multi" so I selected the additional I/O channels (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, SPDIF and MULTI). I then ran the setups again and no more sync loss. I tried RMX again in Cubase and it works, I also tried loading other VST's with RMX and everything is working great.

So I don't know if that classifies as a bug, or if anyone is interested in recreating it. But it just brought my system to a stand still that nothing short of killing the power would fix. Plus, it is odd all my other setups in Cubase have worked great - rewiring GS3, multiple VST's, matching to video etc before hand... I think that perhaps because RMX is multi-timbrel it needs those extra outs? Anyway, I hope this problem report can help.

Edward
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Exclamation Re: Problem Installing Stylus RMX...

Wow this is getting frustrating...but this is absolutely the problem:

I think I found the mother of all bugs in RMX!

I have been struggling with this problem for awhile. I have an Athlon XP 2600 Barton on a VIA KT880 ASUS MB with 2 GB ram...I also have a dual monitor setup with an NVIDIA gForce4 - MX480 8X AGP 64 MB video card. Originally RMX crashed because of Quicktime being installed. After uninstalling that RMX ran once but then would freeze my system.

Then I thought my problem was my ASIO settings in Cubase but when I checked that setting I had also disconnected one of my PC monitors becuase it was flickering. So with one monitor on RMX started perfectly in Cubase SX 2. Well I reattached my monitor and RMX crashed on the dual monitor setup as soon as it started. I verified this by again disconnecting one of the monitors and resetting the video drivers to one display and then RMX would start fine. So there is definately a bug with dual monitor setups on my type of NVIDIA card graphics drivers. Can anyone else with dual monitor setups verify this?

BTW, I have the most recent NVIDIA drivers installed 61.77 I think.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Go Back to forum