• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: SO...WAS IT WORTH IT THEN ?

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy SO...WAS IT WORTH IT THEN ?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

Re: SO...WAS IT WORTH IT THEN ?

Well, by that standard, WW II wasn't "worth it".
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    Eric do you really...honestly...deep deep down....believe that is a valid comparison ?

ed

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Doggett
    Oh, for chrissakes. If you're going to compare this to WWII, then you'll also have to compare Bush to Hitler.

nooo nonono you guys can't spin this one.

I am not comparing anything - I am saying that Ed's point, that using a body-count figure as justification for whether or not a war is worth it is not valid, because you would conclude that WWII was not 'worth it' because of the high body count.

Don't argue for or against a war based solely on body count, which is what Ed's post did.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media
    www.moondogmedia.net

The idea of a war being worth something sounds strange to me, particularly when the most recent "war" was basically a slaughter of civilians.

Eric you have to look at the body count. I'm sure it makes you squirm. It is after all 100 times bigger than the America no. Hey I don't want anybody to die. But die they are....and for WHAT? For Christsakes tell me for WHAT? So they can be Freeeeeeeeee? So we can be FREEEEEEEE? Are you out of what's left of your mind ?

Please make your case...convince me this is all worth it.

ed

Apart from the horrible and senseless loss of lives:
    Each of these 100.000 have a brother, a sister, a dad or an uncle who
    most likely right now is contemplating how to avenge the death of their
    dear ones - for them, becoming a resistancefíghter/suicidebomber/terrorist is a surely a possibility. And hurrahh - instead of possible 3000 Al quada terrorists we now have 100.000 revengefull Iraqis.

So I think its reasonable to ask the question:
    So was it worth it?

/Bjarne

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said there are "Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics?"

The accounting methods used to arrive at that 100,000 figure are HIGHLY suspect.

Not to mention that iraqbodycount, which is by NO means sympathetic to the Iraq war, puts the figure far lower.

Will people believe anything put in front of them so long as it reinforces their political stance?

Xana - You're right, these kinds of statistics are allways to be looked upon
    with some reservation - You seldom know the basic conditions and premises for the investigation. You could argue that a lot of people would have died anyway udner the rule of Saddam - but in any event the number is, I'm sure, substantial. And the Iraqis left behind will largely blame it on the US and her allies - fair or not.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast