• Register
  • Help

Topic: Whole lotta stuff up for opinion

Whole lotta stuff up for opinion

Hey there guys, I have been uploading a LOT of my work today, and please comment on any or all of them. ANYTHING you have to say would be appreciated.

Used Libraries: (in no order)
    Celtic Instruments
    Garritan Personal Orchestra
    Natural Violin
    Pan Flute
    Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra
    Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Choir 2
    Pure Guitars
    Bela D Media's Scoring Noise
    Bela D Media Female Soloist
    Some random Giga Strings collection
    Ultimate Strings
    Every Sonic Implants Guitar
    and Sonic Implants Blue Jay Drums
    Fluid r3
    PMI Bosendorfer 290
    Voices of the Apcolypse

(1000 A.D.)

(Canon in D Maj)

(Concerning Hobbits)

(Duel of the Fates)

(Fellowship of the Ring)

(Kokiri Forest)

(Minas Tirith)

(Overworld from Wind Waker)

(Ocean Shores)

(A Knife in the Dark - Piano)

(Kewl Pizz thing)

(Theme of Rohan)

(Medly of Clocktown themes from Majoras Mask)

(Classical Gas)

(Mille Lune Mille Onde - Barilla pasta commercial)

(Sorrow's Ocean)

EDIT: theres more but its taking too long to upload

Thanks guys!

Re: Whole lotta stuff up for opinion

Can you explain a bit about your process and products? Do you have original compositions as well, or are these all your own orchestrations/renditions of previously written tunes? Did you adapt from a score or a MID file or?

Sure thing. I use Anvil Studio to compose, and Kontakt to add the sounds.

1000 AD is my rendeition from the game Chrono Trigger, Basement is my rendition of the Basement from the Shinra Building from Final Fantasy 7, Canon is my rendition of Pach's Canon in D, using a Full string section, pizz too, flutes, piano and harp, All of the Lord of the rings songs i did by ear from the LOTR scores, which i have in midi file on the 1st lotr midi site, http://www.lotrmusic.com , Dreamsong is an original, duel of the fates is my rendition of the song from episode one (star wars of course). Kokiri Forest is just the Kokiri forest from Zelda 5, Ocean is my rendition of the Overworld from Zelda: Wind Waker, Pizz is an original, testing out my awesome bass pizz sections, Three Days To Live is a medly of the clocktown songs on each day from Zelda: majoras Mask, Serenity is an original, Sorrow's Ocean is an orignal. *whew* lotta typing

What Ill do is complete the composition (by hand, no keyboard, cuz i suck), and then ill add the sample libraries with kontakt, and i use goldwave to render each instrument track, (up to 64 tracks sometimes), and use Adobe Audition to layer em.

1000 A.D. - Very nice rendition. The pizz is a little to hard at the beginning, but that's your call. I love the solo strings. Which library was this? This game was a favorite of mine from long ago.

Concerning Hobbits - Splendidly done. Nice effect with the birds. Very organic at the start. Seems to be something weird going on in the audio though, not sure what's causing it.

Duel of the Fates - First off, nice work with the scoring noise. Some of it was a little overdone, but with some adjustment will lead to a convincing performance. The piece is excellent.

Kokiri Forest - Excellent. I'm a huge Koji Kondo fan.

Overworld from Wind Waker - Very bombastic approach. The more I listen the more I love it though. Maybe a tad too much reverb. Gosh, this is good though. Love it. I wish the games sound were of this caliber.

Clocktown Theme - Another favorite in real life, and another excellent rendition. Love how the winds sound. Some notes sounded off, but I'm no expert.

I'm curious to which library specifically were used. How much GPO was used? Was it layered with another library. Sounds like the winds were used a bit, but its hard to tell (I have lousy ears.)

Dang good job all around FireGS, but I've been a fan since you popped up months ago.

Hey joseph,

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback! To answer your question, i can't honestly remember which i used for which, but i do know that GPO is the foundation for each, but for some like Canon for example, i layerd a lot of diffrent ones.

Um, also, the audio with concerning hobbits is on purpose, and that reason is, when i 1st listened to the soundtrack from the 1st LOTR, it was not...how shall i put it, professionally mastered, like noise reduction, and fuzz, but they worked that out in the other 2 soundtracks, so i tried to get that same sound they got, so all i did was lower either the bit-rate, or the hz rate to like, 32000, not 44100. I never knew how perfect that would come out. And yes, gotta love the birds, i was working outside and heard the birds and thought....hmm....

Keep the comments comin'!

Oh yeah, heh, forgot one that was uploaded:

Love Grows from Final Fantasy 8

Hey Joseph, these two are for you!

The Market

The Deku Tree's Last Words

for the market i used GPO for everything, and the great hiland pipes for the bagpipes, and Deku, i used Ultimate Strings Double bass for that EXCELENT bass sound, and also their cellos, and all 3 GPO solo violins

Freaking wonderful. I wish Koji could hear this. This is what they should have sounded like to start with. I wish he'd dump his GM modules. I mean come on Koji, GPO aint but 250 bucks, surely Nintendo could do that.

Thanks posting these. I always enjoy listening to great VG mockups. I still feel like VG music doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the clarification - excellent work all around. Very impressive!

And I'm sure Koji is only using GM (or variations thereof) due to the size limitations of the medium. The developers probably don't give him a lot of room to work with, so he's got to rely on the Cube's built-in hardware, rather that playback of some kind of compressed audio file. Though I'm sure they're using some variation of MOD files or XMF these days, it is still MUCH more limiting than using a WAV or MP3 file. Still, as Eno has said, it is our limitations that force us to be more creative!

Go Back to forum