• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: TEAM NEEDED: Zelda Ocarina Of Time reorchestrated

TEAM NEEDED: Zelda Ocarina Of Time reorchestrated

Hello all!

For some time now, ive been a huge fan of Koji Kondo's work on the Zelda Series, but alas, it's only been heard through GM on the Gamecube or worse.

(Ok, yeah and the hyrule symphony, but those were all remixes)

I'm proposing a project to take the songs from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, and recompose them using high-quality sample libraries. Here's a few examples I've done already:

I'm only looking for a dedicated core team of about 5 or 6, but hey, more help the better. Those songs above are the only ones I have finished as of yet, and heres what I have yet to do:

Title Theme
    Enter Ganondorf
    Deku Tree - done
    Fairy Flying
    Kokiri Forest - done
    Open Treasure Box
    Item Catch
    Small Item Catch
    Inside The Deku Tree
    Boss Battle
    Boss Clear
    Heart Container Get
    Legend Of Hyrule
    Spiritual Stone Get
    Fairy Ocarina Get
    Hyrule Field Main Theme
    Kepora Gebora's Theme
    Market - done
    Shooting Gallery
    Hyrule Castle Courtyard
    Enter Zelda
    Ocarina "Zelda's Lullaby"
    Zelda's Theme
    Ocarina "Epona's Song"
    Lon Lon Ranch
    Mini Game
    Kakariko Village
    Ocarina "Sun's Song"
    Hyrule Field Morning Theme
    Goron City
    Ocarina "Saria's Song"
    Lost Woods
    Dodongo's Cavern
    Middle Boss Battle
    Dinosaur Boss Battle
    Zora's Domain
    Great Fairy Fountain
    Potion Shop
    Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly
    Ocarina "Song Of Time"
    Temple Of Time
    Open Door Of Temple Of Time
    Master Sword
    Ganondorf's Theme
    Chamber Of The Sages
    Medal Get Fanfare
    Sheik's Theme
    Horse Race
    Horse Race Goal
    Ingo's Theme
    Escape From Lon Lon Ranch
    Kakariko Village Orchestra Version
    Ocarina "Song Of Storms"
    Windmill Hut
    Minuet Of Woods
    Forest Temple
    Bolero Of Fire
    Fire Temple
    Ice Cavern
    Serenade Of Water
    Water Temple
    Nocturne Of Shadow
    Prelude Of Light
    Shadow Temple
    Gerudo Valley
    Spirit Temple
    Requiem Of Spirit
    Kotake & Koume's Theme
    Meet Again Zelda
    Game Over
    Ganon's Castle Bridge
    Ganon's Castle Under Ground
    Inside Ganon's Castle
    Ganondorf Battle
    Escape From Ganon's Castle
    Last Battle
    Seal Of Six Sages
    Ocarina Of Time
    End Credits

Those marked "done" are obviously, done. LOL, yes, I have quite a way to go, but i think somethign like this could be fun to do, and hey, maybe something to put on a resume? "Recomposed the Entire Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Soundtrack" Heck, I'm putting it on mine

So if you're interested, post back, email me @ aixsyd@gmail.com , or AIM via the screen names c0vet or AegisOfPyros. Hope someones willing to step up to the plate and help out!

"I know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: TEAM NEEDED: Zelda Ocarina Of Time reorchestrated

Give me a couple of days to look through the list and I'll take a couple for sure.

OK, Great! I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

On another note, I'm going to post this on a few other forums to get members...maybe that'll work..
    "I know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Oh wow, i still have this account! sweeeet

(this is aixsyd)

Hello FireGS,

This is an awesome idea! You have also done a great job with those 3 tracks! .

I do own many orginal Zelda soundtracks and i'm with you that GM just doesn't do the music justice. I was also disapointed with the GM in Wind Waker. I really enjoy listening to Hyrule Symphony. It's a must have for any Koji Kondo fan.

Below is a link to some original music I made for a 2D Zelda fan game. Although the music is orginal, it's written with Zelda in mind. I hope all the Zelda fans like it. I should also note that this was made for a 2D game, so it may not be as perfect as it could have been. But overall I was very pleased with it. (6 tracks, 12mb download)
    http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~peterwa...da%20Music.zip (link is now working )

On a side note: I also just saw your post on GameDev.net. I'm not sure what type of responce you will get there as most users have very very basic sample libraries. I'm sure many ppl will want to help, but well the sound quailty may not be the best. I'm sorry if i'm generalizing. But that has been my experince with gamedev. I only bring this up becasue I and i'm sure many others really want to hear these songs in full quailty. I personally dont what to hear anything less that VSL, EWQL, GPO, etc... I'm sure everyone here understands .

I would love to help out. Although I'm really busy for at least the next few weeks. So I cant commit to anything at this stage. But i'll let you know if and when i can. I mean this cant be too hard as the midi is already written. It's just a matter of editing it. Maybe you should also think about getting the entire soundtrack in midi format and upload it somewhere for ppl to download and try out. I know I did have it... But i'm sure it's on the net somewhere.

Can't wait to hear the entire soundtrack . Keep up the great work!

Hey there!

Thank you for the support! Hah, yeah, i also posted on the vgmusic.com forum, and they tend to use free soundfonts (*hiss*), and ditto to gamedev, but hopefully somone like me will be hangin' around those forums too and would be able to join up.

If you do get a chance to help out, by all means do so, more the better, but i can understand you being busy, as we all are, hehe, so if you decide to lend a hand, great!

*hiss @ soundfonts again*

Hey this idea is great !
    One of my favorites from Ocarina is Kotake & Koume's Theme . I'll see what i can do on that right now !
    Theo Krueger - Composer

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Kakariko Village
    Lost Woods
    Gerudo Valley
    Hyrule Field Main Theme

I want these if someone hasn't taken them yet. Like I said to you privately, if I have the time, I'll get em done, if not I'll have to fold. I'll let you know my progress every once in a while, but what type of time frame are we looking at? I hope its pretty casual. If its measureable in months then I should be alright.

That sounds fine for now, hehe

im taking Lon Lon ranch, Title theme, and temple of time for now.

Also, i had a few new ideas for the project, like a name, Z.R.E.O, "Zelda REOrchestrated, pronounced zee-rio, like cerial, but..yeah) just an idea, and also, when a song is done, have it available for mp3 download, and when its finally finished, offer all the mp3's but also an iso of the discs for those of us that love Isos, hehe.

lemme know if anything changes.

Go Back to forum