• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mystery Piano Revealed - White Sister!

Share/Bookmark

Cool Mystery Piano Revealed - White Sister!

Good morning!

It's 10:30, Saturday morning here in Sweden, and I just woke up after a good nights sleep!

Ok, time to still your curiosity!

White Grand has a sister - White Sister!

Here's the background. When recording the White Grand the goal was to make the ultimate sampled contemporary studio grand. The piano should not only sound and play great, but it should also work great in a mix, right out of the box.
    This called for close miking with microphones placed close to the hammers/strings.
    BUT, we also recorded a second stereo pair using two microphones in a position that's more normal for piano recordings; this gave a bit more ambience and a slightly rounder tone.
    In short, a different timbre.

Some time ago I decided to pick up those recordings, brush them off and make a sampled instrument out of them.
    This is the result. Still in production, but I though I make a demo and throw it at you to see what you said.

So, the piano is indeed the 9 feet Malmsjo Grand used for the White Grand, (and also, earlier the Studio Grand 88).
    16 recorded velocity samples pedal up, 16 pedal down. 4 release samples.

Target date for release 1:st of December and this will be a Christmas Special and also mark the 1 year anniversary of SampleTekk. Simply a way to say thank you to all that have made SampleTekk's first year in buisness a great one!
    Price not set yet (but I think that you will like it - remember it's soon Christmas!).
    There will also be a special introduction price for registered White Grand and Black Grand users, (who will like it even more...).

...and some more demos:

Chopin - Selections From Preludes Op 28
    Schumann - Selections From Davidsbundlertanze Op 6
    Albeniz - Triana From Iberia

and then the one that started the whole thing:

Prokofiev - Sonata No 2 In D Minor
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Mystery Piano Revealed - White Sister!

So if you're a fan of the Black Grand, you get 3 perspectives for the same price as only one perspective of the "White". Plus, Black Grand owners can by other "White" perspectives at special prices. It seems that Black Grand lovers are the lucky ones.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    So if you're a fan of the Black Grand, you get 3 perspectives for the same price as only one perspective of the "White". Plus, Black Grand owners can by other "White" perspectives at special prices. It seems that Black Grand lovers are the lucky ones.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    Well, get the Black Grand and join the lucky people...
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thumbs up Re: Mystery Piano Revealed - White Sister!

Hey Worra, nice piano!

It sounded quite convincing (listened to Prok.) and like you said it has more round tone quality than White Grand. Would be great to own both and the Black Grand. I'll put this on my budget list.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Well, get the Black Grand and join the lucky people...

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers

------------
    Alex Cremers

I thnk that we can come up with a solution that will make White Grand users happy too...
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Worra:

Hate to ask this, but could you post a few shorter demos, or just fragments of what you already have? I'm still on dial-up at home, and downloading just 8 megs can take an hour or so.

(It's great to see these longer mp3's that let us hear more of what the piano can do, but it would be great to be able to get a taste of the sound before committing to the long download...)

(Or could you just Zip them, since I guess we all have Winzip or a Mac program that will open a Zip file?)

Thumbs up Re: Mystery Piano Revealed - White Sister!

Sounds great Worra! I am seriously considering the Black Grand but I cannot download the Halion Demos, is there a problem with the server? I get a message that the web page can't be found. Also, is there any advantage to getting the GS3 version rather than Halion (from a sound perspective)? I prefer working with Halion as a VST whenever possible. Does the use of Gigapulse provide more articualtions or realism?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    (Or could you just Zip them, since I guess we all have Winzip or a Mac program that will open a Zip file?)
    I'll fix this!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum