• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hollywood bass drum sound produce by Hans Zimmer ?

Share/Bookmark

Hollywood bass drum sound produce by Hans Zimmer ?

hey all, does anyone know what kind of sample does Hans Zimmer or other Hollywood file music composer are using for bass drum ? I try to use orchestra bass drum to reproduce similar sound, but it is impossible to make it right, does anyone know some "non-real" synth bass drum program/sample that could be use to make heavy bassy sound ? Thanks.

Re: Hollywood bass drum sound produce by Hans Zimmer ?

Yeah, I was never able to replicate Blade Runner's bass drums either.

Doesn't he use Taikos for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Vangelis does, definitely. I actually have a killer taiko patch stock in my cheapo Roland S-90. It's probably in the Fantoms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lkthomas
    hey all, does anyone know what kind of sample does Hans Zimmer or other Hollywood file music composer are using for bass drum ? I try to use orchestra bass drum to reproduce similar sound, but it is impossible to make it right, does anyone know some "non-real" synth bass drum program/sample that could be use to make heavy bassy sound ? Thanks.
    You should give us the score where you have heard those bass drums, may be it's another instrument

edit : In The Thin Red Line for example, he uses taikos in "Journey To the Line" track

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Not in Blade Runner. It sounds synthetic, but I can't duplicate it with noise (pink nor white).

------------
    Alex Cremers

Smile Re: Hollywood bass drum sound produce by Hans Zimmer ?

Now I don't know what filmscore you're refering to but it's two (or more) bass drums playing together is extraordinally powerful!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Post Re: Hollywood bass drum sound produce by Hans Zimmer ?

Quote Originally Posted by lkthomas
    There are several possibilities. Two bass drums; bass timpani; combination of bass timpani and 1 or 2 bass drums; large taiko(s); large koto drums or a combination of the exotic and standard orchestra instruments...

There are several libraries, particularly Stormdrum and the Taikos from Rare Instruments that may be exactly what you are looking for.

Hope this helps...

Kaveh

www.kavehcohen.com

Go Back to forum