• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally Finished

Share/Bookmark

Finally Finished

I’ve just finished the third movement of “St. George and The Dragon”.

This movement is titled “St. George”. I kind of envisioned it as looking through a late nineteenth century storybook with illuminated text and pseudo-medieval pictures (you know, 3rd century saint in 16th century amour in front of a 12th century castle talking to a lady in an 18th century carriage).

This movement has to counterbalance the first (The Dragon), even though it is much more simple, and it has to lift up the somber second (Funeral March and Lament).

Anyway, here it is. 3rd Movement - St. George

Here are the first and send movements for comparison. They have been changed a bit since I last posted them.
    First Movement - The Dragon
    2nd Movement - Funeral March/Lament

I hope you enjoy. Comments, critiques, kicks in the shin or any other type of feedback welcome.

Of course this is not the final stage – I’m going to clean it up, play with dynamics and maybe change a few parts, but it is for the most part blocked out.
    Trent P. McDonald

Re: Finally Finished

WOW, you have been a busy artist.
    That's a ton of work.

Good job Trent !

Trent, I have to agree with Deepy. That is one hell of a work. I'm impressed with the vision you must have had and then to go about implementing it all...especially in a byegone style. It's a fanatastic effort.

Frank

Really stunning. It's a huge work and excellently done. Congratulations.

Regards
    Louis

Thanks everyone. It's been a lot of fun writing these and playing them all in.

Actually, I noticed I forgot to mention that I'm not really done - I have one more movement to go - the actual battle. The last movement is a little more ambitious than the other three. Finished in the title referred to this movement which took me longer than the other two combined. After months it's finally done.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thumbs up Re: Finally Finished

Trent,

This is an amazing work. Very well done!

I like how this movement contrasted with the first and second movements. You captured the 3rd, 12th and 18th century just perfectly (and a few others). Your musical storybook has come to life with your panoramic soundscapes. The composition, arrangement and mix is superb.

I cannot wait to hear the fourth movement!

Thanks for posting this.

Bravo Sir Trent!

Gary Garritan

Good job, thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the comments Gary. And thanks for GPO – I don’t think a product has ever inspired me to create and to grow in quite the way GPO has.

I’ve had ideas for the fourth movement floating around in my head since spring and now I just have to organize them and write them out. –just- I wish it was that simple!

Thanks ixm for listening and commenting.
    Trent P. McDonald

Go Back to forum