• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 won't see midioverlan midi pipes

Share/Bookmark

GS3 won't see midioverlan midi pipes

Hi All,

I'm trying to get GigaStudio 3 working on a newly upgraded computer. It's a fresh install of WinXP, Athlon 64 3200+, Gigabyte K8N m/b, ESI Waveterminal 2496 sound card (from the old system) and midioverlan + (older version). Midi over LAN installs fine and I've enabled 4 pipes and can see both computers. Everything seems to be working just fine until I get into GS3 to the hardware configuration page. All I see for midi inputs is "none." I click on the pull down menu to see what else is there, but there's nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve Chandler

Re: GS3 won't see midioverlan midi pipes

Not sure but , you might need to upgrade to MidioverLan CP ver 2 maybe?
    I'll keep an eye on your post , as i'm about to do the same thing very soon.
    I'll keep you posted on my progress over here.

best of luck

Yves

I've searched this as well... I ended up re using my midi interace again cause I just couldn't be down... I never tried adding in static Ip's yet... I even get my MOL+ ports to turn on in giga studio, but never get any activity through!
    Let us know if you get it.
    Later
    BRi

You might want to try MusicLab support -- they are pretty good about responding to questions.

They dropped support for oringial MOL.. Been to their forum as well. No luck.

Had the same problem- I kept reinstalling the two till it worked

FYI, the response from MusicLab was that they've dropped support for MOL+ and I can upgrade to MOL CP for $64. I responded that that's fine if I know it'll work.. We'll see what they have top say to that.

The idea of reinstalling til suddenly it works does not fill me with confidence. I may try reinstalling GS3 now that MOL+ is in and enabled to see if that makes the difference.

Steve

Cool Re: GS3 won't see midioverlan midi pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Marcussen
    Had the same problem- I kept reinstalling the two till it worked
    Just curious what, "reinstalled the two till it worked" are you referring to??
    As in Gs3 and MOL? or MOL on 2 different machines??
    I've also tried MOL CP that came bundled with GS3 and that crashed Logic 5.51 as well on my other machine... So support for 2 pieces of software dead in the water... Ya I'll pay $100 when I hear that it works right!
    The original MOL version worked great even when I had some initial GS 2.0 problems.. Reinstalling GS a few times, MOL always had midi activity working.
    I also haven't had the ability to really screw with it for 2-3 hours either. Too much to do.

My freeware midi-utilities-for-windows set up works perfectly with GS3, giving midi on a gigabit ethernet connection between 2 windows xp computers. I posted earlier on how to set it up, so you might search or post again if it doesn't show up. Don't know about midioverlan, except that it seemed overpriced.

Go Back to forum