• Register
  • Help

Topic: PC can't find library with upgrade install

Share/Bookmark

PC can't find library with upgrade install

I've installed the update on my Mac with absolutely no problem - just ran it and everything showed up as it should. But the PC tells me I have to re-register, and gives me the error message: "Warning, could not open content file. It should be located at [not set]GPOP_Library_Part_1.nks"

When I try to point to the correct directory, nothing seems to satisfy it, neither anything in Programs/Garritan subdirs, or the install directory.

Any suggestions?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Re: PC can't find library with upgrade install

Send Gary a direct email message (gary@harps.com) or give him a phone call on Monday when he gets back. I'm sure he'll take you through the install to figure it out.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. I'll do that - it's no panic, my Mac install works fine-and sounds great!
    Dasher
    -------

Dasher,

Hi David,

Are you on Win 98/ME or 2000? If so, the workaround is below. Also, for all operating systems (including XP) loading onto the C: boot drive and see if that helps.

Gary

WORKAROUND: Find enough free space on one of your hard drives on your computer for about 2 gigabytes of temporary space - you will also need to make sure you have an additional 2 gigabytes somewhere on your system for where you will actually install GPO. Create a temporary folder called GPOdiscs on your hard drive. Copy the contents of the first GPO cd to this folder. Then copy the contents of the second cd to the folder, then copy the third cd to the folder. If you ever get a message saying Windows will need to overwrite an existing file to complete the copy, just say ok and keep going. Copy the GPOLibrary folder and Readme folder from a good installation to your new GPOdiscs folder. If you get any Windows messages saying Windows will need to overwrite a file or folder to complete a copy, press OK every time. Look in your GPOdiscs folder and verify that your GPOLibrary folder is back again now. Finally, in the GPOdiscs folder, double click "GPO Setup.exe". Follow the installation instructions in the installer.. Eventually the installer will ask for you to insert disc 2 or something like that.. just press OK and don't do anything with cds - the installation should continue just fine.

Gary, I'm on XP, but I'll give this a try anyway, as I'd prefer the library not live on drive C. I assume this implies uninstalling the original GPO (which was working fine until I installed the update?

Thanks.
    ------------------ news flash -----------------
    OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled, after putting X_Custom in the proper folder, it's all AOK now. Thanks.
    Dasher
    -------

Go Back to forum