• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What Officially IS next with GPO???

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation What Officially IS next with GPO???

We've just had the update to GPO, and I've been making full use of it over the last week (long, but amusing story...must tell it sometime).

But what is NEXT in the pipeline, and when (approx) can we look forward to it becoming a reality?

I keep hearing references and rumours for the following:
    * BIG BAND
    * CELTIC
    Both of which would be damn nice, especially for film/tv scoring.

From what I can gather, beta testing of these are underway, but what I want to know is (from a future buyer):

* Are these the next Libraries (or updates) to come, or is there something else we've missed?
    * What instruments do these libraries contain?
    * When can we look forward to their arrival (approx)?
    * How much extra RAM will we need (and other hardware considerations)?

I understand there are other threads where people are saying "I'm looking for this instrument in the next installement of Garritan Sampleware," I just want to hear what's what.

Well Gary, Tom?

Ciao

Re: What Officially IS next with GPO???

I don't wish to be rude, but keep in mind that this last update was a big hurdle for them, so they're justly taking some time off before doing anything else. I can confirm that there are some great add ons in the works, but it may be a little bit before more information is released. This last update was an achievement and I think everyone should savor it before looking for anything else. I know Tom probably needs a month off from all the headaches from this last adventure. So be patient my sample hungry friends. I can promise that good things are on the horizon, but patience wins out.

Matt,

Gary's the one to answer these when he gets back from San Fran. I understand your desire to have specifics about future projects (instrument lists, RAM size, arrival dates, etc.) but most of these answers will not be made available until a product is close to completion - for rather obvious business reasons. Since Gary is the guy to make the decisions on most of these things he's the one to dole out the info.

Tom

P.S. I WISH I were taking a month (or two or three) off. I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Matt,

Gary's the one to answer these when he gets back from San Fran. I understand your desire to have specifics about future projects (instrument lists, RAM size, arrival dates, etc.) but most of these answers will not be made available until a product is close to completion - for rather obvious business reasons. Since Gary is the guy to make the decisions on most of these things he's the one to dole out the info.

Tom

After your latest, fantastic update, I understand your need for a little time, as long as you can provide a definitive answer within the next 48 hours.

PSS: DO take a month off! (Or several.) You've more than earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    You should join a union or something Tom. I imagine the Teamsters wouldn't allow that kind of thing.

A Union huh? Interesting. Let's see if I can talk (me) into organizing (me). When I combine forces with myself I'll bet there's no stopping that kind of power! Just think of the increased “intimidation factor” alone. Then I'll try to recruit Jeff and Marianne and Gary's daughters. He'll be outnumbered by that time and he will have no choice but to cave in to our demands! (Shouts of) “Shorter hours!! More money!! Paid vacations!! LONGER vacations!! MORE FREQUENT vacations!! MORE CHOCOLATE!!!” The future looks bright.

Tom

Talking Re: What Officially IS next with GPO???

A month off .... give me a break! Get to work and stop all of this mulling around coffee time is over! I want that HUGE percussion library of everything from snare zone hits to elephant farts! Now you listen to me young man. There's work to be done and no time for sleeping, eating, spending time with the family, watching your favorite show, going to a game, dinning out, taking a bath, washing your feet, driving your car, going shopping, did I mention sleep? Well, ya can't even day dream either now get to work or I'ma comin' on down ta hitch yaz up ta dem dar chair infrontofyaz PC boy~!

Wow, that took a lot out of me....

I used to be in the American Steel Workers Union some time ago (when the U.S. actually made thier own steel) I wish I had all the dues back I put into that union. I could buy me some nice studio stuffs!
    Styxx

Styxx,

"Now you listen to me young man."

"Young man." Thanks for that. I didn't earn it, but thanks anyway.

Tom

oh man LOL!

More vacations. You've had a couple months off so far this year even though it was in the looney bin! That's definitely too much. Now get back to those 16 hour days.

Go Back to forum