• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO is Wrecking My Sleep!

Share/Bookmark

GPO is Wrecking My Sleep!

Well, shucks, I have been spending so much time messing with GPO that my sleep time has been insufficient! I have been recording things like Kitten on the Keys, Dill Pickles Rag, Bumble Boogie, Percy Grainger's adaptation of the Tchaikowsy Piano Concerto,a really rousing rendition of Turkey in the Straw and Beer Barrel Polka (the Liberace version) and writing a few more organ works of my own. No darn time to sleep! This update just grabs me and won't let go!

Next up will be an adaptation of the Grieg Piano Concerto, Malaguena (Lecuona, which I did a poor job on at my senior class recital in 1949), and Brahms Hungarian Dance Nr. 5. Sleep gets pushed farther into the background. Shame on you guys for making such a great program and depriving a retired ol fogey of his needed sleep!

This is so much more realistic than I thought possible. Can't get enough of it! (Seem like when I was younger, I said that about other things.)

Richard Wayland

Re: GPO is Wrecking My Sleep!

he he

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, shucks, I have been spending so much time messing with GPO that my sleep time has been insufficient! I have been recording things like Kitten on the Keys, Dill Pickles Rag, Bumble Boogie, Percy Grainger's adaptation of the Tchaikowsy Piano Concerto,a really rousing rendition of Turkey in the Straw and Beer Barrel Polka (the Liberace version) and writing a few more organ works of my own. No darn time to sleep! This update just grabs me and won't let go!

Next up will be an adaptation of the Grieg Piano Concerto, Malaguena (Lecuona, which I did a poor job on at my senior class recital in 1949), and Brahms Hungarian Dance Nr. 5. Sleep gets pushed farther into the background. Shame on you guys for making such a great program and depriving a retired ol fogey of his needed sleep!

This is so much more realistic than I thought possible. Can't get enough of it! (Seem like when I was younger, I said that about other things.)

Richard Wayland
    Don't fight it Dick!! Let the GPO be with you! (Try and get some sleep in between!)

Frank

I understand Richard, but the solution is obvious:

1) Stop Spending Time With Family and Friends. Life is short, so to waste precious time helping out your mother, or aiding a friend in need, simply needs to be stopped. Inform all your loved ones that you no longer care!

2) Economic Commitments? Forget Them. If you have a day job, arrange an "accident" so that you can live lucratively off of the disability money. (Make sure you get a really good lawyer to help you do this!)

3) Coffee, Coffee, and More Coffee While you may still need to sleep, you'll nether want to nor be able to. And you'll find you have lots of time to tweak with GPO.

GPO has ruined my studying time. Wait.... I never studied in the first place.... Nevermind
    Tim

I work nights and go to school in the day - GPO has REALLY been a sleep killer for me too! But I am not complaining. I have been dreaming of having something like this for most of my 33 years!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Thumbs up Re: GPO is Wrecking My Sleep!

Richard,
    Let the fruits of your labor be hear by the ears of those who appreciate the time you spend with GPO! I for one would love to hear your GPO renditions of the above mentioned songs and musical works.
    I bet when you do get some sleep you sleep better than before knowing how well GPO has satisfied your musical tastes and needs!
    You have just got to love this library of sounds! Tonight, I messed with several musicals I had midied in the past ten years and now with GPO! What a God sent Mr. Gary Garritan is to this wonderful world of music. A very special library indeed.
    Now, I order you to shut down and get some decent sleep, sir! NOW!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Richard,
    Let the fruits of your labor be hear by the ears of those who appreciate the time you spend with GPO! I for one would love to hear your GPO renditions of the above mentioned songs and musical works.
    I bet when you do get some sleep you sleep better than before knowing how well GPO has satisfied your musical tastes and needs!
    You have just got to love this library of sounds! Tonight, I messed with several musicals I had midied in the past ten years and now with GPO! What a God sent Mr. Gary Garritan is to this wonderful world of music. A very special library indeed.
    Now, I order you to shut down and get some decent sleep, sir! NOW!
    Well, I took a decent nap, had some good French Roast coffee, and was refreshed enough to to a bunch of GPO stuff!! Got lots of pieces finished, but not yet established a place to upload them so they can be heard.

Actually, I have yet to make the mp3's, but that is easy. Takes approximately playing time plus 2 minutes.

This new update is amazing. I don't often turn on my Roland JV1010 now. Who needs it? It just got better, because I downloaded the Cakewalk VST Adapter, and now don't have to load GPO Studio.

Richard Wayland

Are you running Sonar?
    Styxx

Obi Wan Kenobi - "A GPO master lets the inspiration flow through them!"

Luke - "GPO? I thought we were learning about the force! What in the world is with this floating orb shooting bolts of energy at me if we are learning about GPO instead of the Force?! I need a milk shake!!"

The previous is a scene cut out of the original Star Wars: A New Hope.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Go Back to forum