• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Manual - any news?

Share/Bookmark

New Manual - any news?

I am a new user of GPO and I just got my head around the old manual when the new update came. It was very welcome, but it has made me confuzzled again, I read the update PDF but my poor brain is having trouble putting it together with the original manual.

Also it would be good to have a spreadsheet or something showing at what velocities a sample layer changes.

Any news?

Wink Re: New Manual - any news?

Totally agree...there's so much information out there between the original manual, the updated text and the forum, confuzzled is the perfect word (for me, anyhow).

I hate suggesting work to Gary et al. that isn't directly focused on the world class software, but I think it would be a very good investment in time. From my perspective anyhow (and it's the only one I've got!)

Re: New Manual - any news?

Once the new manual is finalized and looked over for corrections maybe Gary can make it available for download.

Talking Re: New Manual - any news?

Sounds like a plan to me...

Thanks for the info Joseph - is it imminent?

If it is i shall wait, if not I shall have to pick the bones out of the other documentation and maybe create a spreadsheet. My (small) brain needs one reference source, otherwise it hurts and whinges.

Again is there a possibility of knowing what velocity triggers what sample - this would be good info for the manual - possibly.
    Thanks for an impressive piece of software - a friend of mine was looking over GPO tonight in my studio, and was impressed 'my next purchase' was his response as he's an experienced professional engineer - that's a compliment.

Thumbs up Re: New Manual - any news?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZero
    Thanks for the info Joseph - is it imminent?

Again is there a possibility of knowing what velocity triggers what sample - this would be good info for the manual - possibly.
    This is something that I attempted to put together several weeks ago. Unfortunately, the task became very cumbersome and (due to a lack of a good enough ear) fairly inaccurate. I still think having a chart of this type would be immensly helpful. Maybe Gary or Tom will be able to get to it someday. Based on what I have seen from this power team in the past, if something does not get done it is not high enough on the priority list. I have also found they keep a good sense of what order of priority items should be at.

I'll be patient and keep hoping. In the meantime I'll just keep making music like I have never been able to before.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Once the new manual is finalized and looked over for corrections maybe Gary can make it available for download.
    That would be a great idea, not only for current GPO users but also for those of us who are considering the purchase but would like to know more about how to use it. I have a 16 year old son who's very interested in composition work with it, but I gave him the downloaded tutorial on building string sections and his eyes glazed over. I want him to understand that this takes a lot more doing than general MIDI to make the wonderful sounds that I've heard on the demos.

Graham

Talking Re: New Manual - any news?

Has anyone heard of the 'wiki-encyclopedia'? It's an internet compendium of information that's modified by denizens of the on-line world. Perhaps it would be a good (great?) idea to keep (at least one iteration) of the manual in a form that could be actively modified by forum-creatures (like us)?

In other words, basic updates/modifications would be manifested by Gary et al. (and perhaps locked-down into PDF form) but viewing individuals could add meaningful links (like tutorials or even forum threads) as they change and evolve.

Any thoughts?

Go Back to forum