• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help With Bug in Giga

Share/Bookmark

Help With Bug in Giga

Hey everyone, I posted about this some months ago, and I believe a couple of you said you\'d seen this. This is a very frustrating bug. I\'m using 2.5, but it did this in the previous version as well.

I have a Performance template set up. All it has is a Piano on CH 1, and a CLICK sample on CH 16. Now let\'s say I load a few sounds in on some other channels....doesn\'t matter which....and save the Performance as the name of a new project. Next time I open this saved Performance, that CLICK will be on every open channel that wasn\'t loaded with a sound. Like 8 million click patches fill up all the slots.

I\'ve made new templates but it just keeps doing it.
    It also shows up on the other layers of channels as well. What in heaven\'s name could be causing this?

I\'m on a Soundchaser built PC, 512 memory. Athlon, etc. Windows 98SE. Thanks for any help.

Re: Help With Bug in Giga

well, I\'ve had that happen a few times but with no clue as to why.

I sometimes load the miroslav flute in one channel then suddenly it\'s in a lot of chanels. my work around has been to just remove the flute altogether. Which isn\'t really a solution. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Odd, I have had this while cancelling loading a sound that took ages, the remains of it fill up the slots when you restart GS.

Why not try to fully uninstall GS and start from scratch?

Hans Adamson (ArtVista) and I worked with the developers on this a few months ago and they put a fix into the most recent point release that solved the problem for us. Are you sure you have the most current version - I think it\'s 2.52.06 or something like that? Try downloading the most recent update (it\'s labeled \'beta\' but has been stable for me) and see if that helps. You might also try rebuilding the Quicksound data base as a temporary solution. The problem was that Quicksound was getting out of sync with the disk directory because of a bug in Gigastudio.
    jim

Originally posted by jmccord:
    Hans Adamson (ArtVista) and I worked with the developers on this a few months ago and they put a fix into the most recent point release that solved the problem for us. Are you sure you have the most current version - I think it\'s 2.52.06 or something like that? Try downloading the most recent update (it\'s labeled \'beta\' but has been stable for me) and see if that helps. You might also try rebuilding the Quicksound data base as a temporary solution. The problem was that Quicksound was getting out of sync with the disk directory because of a bug in Gigastudio.
    jim
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jim, the only thing I see up on Tascam is the fully released 2.5 version. That\'s what I\'m using. I\'ve rebuilt the database but no luck. Any other ideas, appreciated!

>>Jim, the only thing I see up on Tascam is the fully released 2.5 version.

Did you try going to http://www.nemesysmusic.com/
    and clicking on \"Download 2.50 for Gigastudio\"? That will take you to a frame where the 2.52.06 release is available. It\'s the one with the Performance patch.

jim

are you loading instruments via double clickingon a channel, or dragging from the QS window?

I find that this can cause issues with performances

Especially if you are doing any editor work

Check your sequencer and make sure its not sending out any Bank Change/Program Change messages.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    are you loading instruments via double clickingon a channel, or dragging from the QS window?

I find that this can cause issues with performances

Especially if you are doing any editor work

Check your sequencer and make sure its not sending out any Bank Change/Program Change messages.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">When I create a Performance, I drag patches up into a given slot from the QS window, yes. Then I save it, then when I open the Performance again, it\'s empty slots are filled, usually with the patch that\'s on Channel 16....

I have \"Send Program Changes\" unchosen on the sequencer....

OK...just downloaded the new BETA, saved a Performance, and low and behold it worked. No slots filled with clicks...maybe this has solved the problem....if so great news and thanks so much everyone.

I\'ll be back if it starts doing it again..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(Now, if I could only have gotten Steinway B to play without outrageously loud clicks when holding down the sustain pedal!!)

Go Back to forum