• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any problems with installing GPO on my GS3 computer?

Share/Bookmark

Any problems with installing GPO on my GS3 computer?

I just completed installing GS3 on my large computer yesterday (3 huge hard drives, 2 gigs RAM, 3.4 gig process with HT turned off). I'm looking forwards into learning GS3.

But I have GPO on my laptop and am interested in having GPO also available on my new desktop.

Can I install GPO without adversely affecting my GS3 setup?

Thanks!

David

Re: Any problems with installing GPO on my GS3 computer?

I have the two on the same computer. I have an Echo MIA with the 6.08 driver.

If I load GS and some instruments, then I can load GPO. I'm not using DFD on GPO, so it eats my 1GB quickly.

If I load GPO first, I get errors when trying to load Giga instruments.

I generally use them separately and only use GPO as a last resort, for instance for it's harps and celesta - I don't have those in Giga format with any quality. I reboot when I go between the two to clean up the RAM.

I don't avoid GPO because of its sounds, but because the workflow isn't good for me.

-JF

I have both on mine and have experienced no problems at all. And I've been loading GPO instruments ahead of GS3 ones too. I am running Sonar 4 in rewire.
    Cody

I believe things go easier if you let Kontakt have the first two ports on a multiport card and then put GS on the others. I believe there's a bug where it attempts to use the first two ports even if it's not configured for it.

Ive been running giga 3, gpo, and eastwest silver, all on the same computer with sonar war in rewire with nothing I can find yet.

Go Back to forum