• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Even Fox Can't Spin It

Share/Bookmark

Even Fox Can't Spin It

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    The final Fox News poll -- with calls on Saturday and Sunday only -- has Kerry over Bush 48% to 46% among likely voters. Among registered voters it's Kerry 47%, Bush 45%.

Among those who've already voted, it's Kerry 48%, Bush 43%.

Fox has been releasing not a tracking poll, but a new poll every day for the last four days:

Friday, Bush +5;
    Saturday Bush +2;
    Sunday, tied;
    Monday, Kerry +2.

Re: Even Fox Can't Spin It

They should have asked the Supreme Court to stop the polling on Saturday.

Speaking of which, what happens if Renquist (or any other justice) passes away, a critical election decision is brought to the court, and the result is split?

My guess is that an eight-person Supreme Court will tend not to take any critical cases on appeal.

One theory is that they Supreme Court acted as it did in 2000 only partially out of partisan politics. The other rationale could be that they feared a constitutional crisis and anarchy, so they took charge. If an 8-person court refuses to hear any election case, it might help confirm that hypothesis - they wouldn't be able to guarantee a clear decision.

Anyway, sorry for the sidetrack. The shift in the Fox poll is pretty dramatic.

-JF

Just heard the response to this question on NPR: The law is that if the Supreme Court ties (because one justice is missing), the decision of the lower\appeals court stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    Just heard the response to this question on NPR: The law is that if the Supreme Court ties (because one justice is missing), the decision of the lower\appeals court stands.
    I also heard on Public Radio today that if there is to be a ruling by the Spreme Court and a justice is out, the president can appoint one temporarily. Isnt that something.

I'm still not breathing easily. If every Kerry supporter is like me, and I think most are, one of the reasons they're voting early may be that they can't wait to get rid of the mofo. Barring that, I think this election is more important to Kerry supporters, and early voters are people who have gone out of their way to vote. I have a feeling that most Bush supporters aren't quite as upset - they just find his dim-witted folksy demeanor appealing.

In other words, I'm not surprised that the majority of early voters are Kerry supporters.

Michael Moore has often said that conservatives wake up before dawn and are organized. Progressives sleep in.

If the early votes are for Kerry, that's VERY good news.

-JF

Zogby, along with Rock the Vote, finally did a poll of the 18 -29 year old cell phone users. (There are about 170 million cell phone users in the US, by the way, a substantial amount of whom -- 40 million or so -- don't have land lines and, as such, are never polled.)

Zogby's results were 55% Kerry, 40% Bush.

The John Kerry campaign did their own cell phone polling. The results:

59% Kerry, 39% Bush.

Add to this the 125,000 voters who voted for Nader in Florida in 2000, most of whom would have voted for Gore. Nader's take will be very small this time around.

Bush only "won" in Florida by a handful of votes.

Over a million new voters have registered in Florida for this election.

800,000 new voters in Ohio.

NONE of them are included in the polls. But whatcha bet the majority are Kerry supporters?

As I've said a hundred times. Kerry in a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Michael Moore has often said that conservatives wake up before dawn and are organized. Progressives sleep in.

If the early votes are for Kerry, that's VERY good news.

-JF
    i cought some of that on c-span man he is really hard on dubbu. funny as hell.
    speaking of fox- jazzera one of the bush cousins works on the assignment desk and made the call to project him the winner the lst time around.
    like to see how this is going to play out.

Always be very suspect when it comes to polls so near election day.

By massaging the numbers one way or another, the media could potentially dissuade people from voting in a given direction, since some may think "Well, my guy is already up, so...why bother?"

So in the case of Fox giving an early lead to Kerry....

Good point.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast