• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Friends

sponsored links

John Kerry and Bruce Springsteen

Clinton, able to pursuade Rabin and Arafat to shake hands.

Re: Friends

Friends to the end.

Friends will do almost anything for each other.

At the 2004 State of the Union Address Bush said, "...Colonel Qadhafi correctly judged that his country would be better off and far more secure without weapons of mass murder. Nine months of intense negotiations involving the United States and Great Britain succeeded with Libya...".

So, Bush supported negotiations with the terrorist who funded the Pan Am 103 bombing. And now Haliburton can work with Libya directly, rather than through foreign corporations, as they have done for more than a decade.

Bin Laden likely left Afghanistan for Pakistan. Here's Bush with Osama's new host.

I like this picture of Musharraf better. How're your nuclear weapons, General?

Here's Rumsfeld with Saddam. Where do you think Mr. Spider hole got his biological weapons in the first place?

And who do you think funded Osama's early career?

With friends like these...

yes very good point about Libya?
    so at the risk of asking a stupid question why was Iraq viewed differently?

Jon my understanding of the Clinton deal, was that it was a setup, and i sincerly am not trying to ignite any body here, but things are not always what they seem

For more information on Libya (rhymes with Dubya) look here...

What I want to know is if there are weapons inspectors there? If not, aren't we just being taken for a ride?

Regarding the Clinton, Rabin, Arafat thing, it certainly didn't bring peace to the region. But it was much closer then than it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

Clinton, able to pursuade Rabin and Arafat to shake hands.

Clinton had nothing to do with it---it was Shimon Peres, Yossi Beilin, and other criminals who broke Israeli law (and trampled the democratic process) to negotiate with the PLO---behind Rabin's back. To top it off, INSTEAD of dealing with the Palestinian leadership on the ground in the territories, they imported the arch-terrorists (Arafat and co.) from exile in Tunisia (after they had been booted out of Jordan, Syria and Lebanon).

Oh yeah, that debacle is really one to be proud of. We're still paying dividends on that apparently well-intentioned but terribly misguided episode.

Like yesterday---I was driving into town when the Tel Aviv attack took place.
    First an ambulance makes its way through traffic. No big deal. Then two more. Hmmm. When ambulances 4 and 5 speed past, you just know. You turn the radio on. Here we go again...

To tell you the truth, Ern, I really don't know. There will likely be a (bloody) power struggle...Who comes out on top, it's anybody's guess...especially since there is a lot of overlap in terms of allegiances between Hamas and Islamic Jihad, the PLO and its various factions, the PFLP, etc...

One analysis of what's going on can be found here.

Out of my Mind

We disagree on a lot of things, but you be safe ok? Sounded like a close call...

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112

We disagree on a lot of things, but you be safe ok? Sounded like a close call...

Ditto. Hang in there. You guys trully deserve you're own country without maniacs strapping bombs to their children to kill you.

Thanks, guys.

You know, Brian---You say we disagree on a lot of things, but I bet if you take a look at a random sampling of my posts, you'll find that I really don't express my views on a whole lot of issues (other than Israel, of course). Sure, I've gotten into it with a couple of forum 'members' ,but by and large those arguments have been over style, not substance. I've had the dubious honor of being wrongly pigeon-holed as some sort of Honorary Republican mainly due to the fact (I think) that most of my adversarial exchanges here have been with some of our more prominent comrades.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I personally have very little patience for hardline ideologues of ANY political persuasion. I'm dying to see an anti-abortion Democrat or pro-socialized medicine Republican around here, just to show that SOMEONE is thinking truly independently and not just going with the flow...whichever flow that may be...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast