• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio 96 CD Key

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio 96 CD Key

Hi all

I recently purchased GigaStudio 96 online from a company named TechnoSound based in Cypress (I do not live in the US).
    On receiving the goods I attempted to install the product, only to discover there was no CD key.
    I assure you I have looked in all the recommended places. There is in fact a sticker on the inside cover of the user manual which seems to indicate that it should have a cd key printed on it, but it doesn\'t. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

I immediately emailed the gssupport guys who informed me that \'all legitimate copies of the product have a cd key\'. A subsequent search of the Tascam forum (and this one) revealed this to be a blatant lie. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Nevertheless, they also suggested I take the issue up with the dealer.
    TechnoSound eventually responded with a CD key, much to my delight, and I began enjoying the benefits. Obviously it IS a great product. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Ok, so now it was time to register the product for the NFX and product updates etc.
    The Tascam registration process yielded nothing more than an email indicating that the product was already registered to someone else. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

All subsequent correspondence from me has been ignored by both parties. Needless to say my opinion of Tascam and TechnoSound is kind of rock bottom right now. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Any comments/suggestions?

Andrew

Re: GigaStudio 96 CD Key

Hello Andrew,

Sorry you are having such a difficult time with registration. Unfortunately there were some CD key labels with missing (no) numbers on them. Tascam Giga registration needs to verify that you are the legitimate owner of GigaStudio. One way to do this is to fax them a copy of your sales receipt.

Tascam Operational Support contact info:

(323) 727 -7617 phone
    (323) 727 - 7632 fax
    Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
    U.S. Pacific Standard Time

You can also check with TechnoSound and make sure they did provide you with a legitimate CD key.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your input in this matter.

I have made every effort to establish from TechnoSound whether the CD key is legitimate, to no avail (won\'t be buying anything from them again, for sure!).
    When I first informed Tascam of the problem, I sent them a scanned copy of the invoice. Do you believe a faxed copy will help?

I really would ask Tascam all these questions, but they appear to think I am an illegal owner and have chosen to ignore me too. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Your scanned copy of the invoice should be sufficient. I understand that you do not live in the U.S. There are a couple of options to help get this resolved:

1. Call Tascam Operational Support:

(323)726-0303 x617
    Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
    U.S. Pacific Standard Time

2. Call the Tascam Sales representative in your country, if available:

http://www.tascam.com/contact/index.php

Please persist, you will get yourself registered. let me know how it goes.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I have finally received a new CD key from Tascam. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    After contacting the local agents ( EMSAFRICA ) and providing them with the required info, they were able to resolve the issue for me.
    I have not registered yet, but am confident that all will go well from here.
    Many thanks for your assistance.

Andrew
    [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum